Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 762
  1. dedroid's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by keswick
    can anyone help me.....I'm still stuck. I'm on the very last step before writing data to phone but feel I'm missing a step. Nowhere in the instructions did it say to enter my verizon phone number but in the activate t600 instructions it did. somebody help. I can't leave my phone like this......
    Hang tight keswick... I think a lot of people log on at night (EST) so give it a few hours. I am not sure enough of the steps myself to give you direction, but I have no doubt others will come along in a bit.
  2. SloMo's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #182  
    You dont need to enter your phone number. the important steps are to change the MSL to 000000 and to enter the Verizon PRL. When you call Verizon CS they will enter the ESN (after a little prodding) and then they will have you dial *228 OTA (over the air programming). Once that is done your phone number will be automatically programmed into the phone. Once it is Verizonized if you go back into Chameleon your phone number will be there.

    Mo
  3. #183  
    man, I don't know if I did this right, but I'm ready to activate w/verizon. Ready for another really tough question- which is the esn. There are two on the box- esn dec or esn hex??

    I need a drink.
  4. dedroid's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #184  
    Either Hex or Decimal should be fine. You might as well give them the decimal as they may not have any idea what hex is. Short answer.... Go Decimal. Let us all know how it works.
  5. #185  
    wholy shxx, woo hoo, woo hoo, I did it! Actually, if it weren't for the many brilliant and kind soles on this website, I wouldn't even have a t650 in my hands, let alone have a verizonized t650!! Yes, I spent 7 hours today, and definitely feel the need to have a drink or two. Good thing I have a hot date tonight- I hate to drink alone Not only did I go into strange territory and mess with ROMS today, but I got verizon to provision the phone on the first try (it was a long call though and wasn't too easy, but in the end got them to do it).

    Whew. I am so burned out, but very happy. Late tonight or tomorrow morning I'll post the few missed/skipped steps that can supplement Mines' instructions for other newbies like myself. In the meantime, a HUGE Thank You to all the people who have helped me and put up with some really simple/dumb newbie questions. Thanks Again!!!
  6. dedroid's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #186  
    Thats Great! Glad to hear you got it all working. Please let us know how it works for you and if you find any issues with your "Verizonified" Treo 650.

    Also those tips you mentioned would be greatly appreciated.
  7. dedroid's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #187  
    Attached are two images of the connector created by mines. Could someone take a look at them and perhaps clarify the connections? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8. SloMo's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #188  
    The ground is the black wire from the Futuredial adapter which is connected to #8. The only connections are to #8 #10 and #11. All other pins are free. Hope this helps.
  9. #189  
    does anyone have a link to the Chameleon verison of the Kyocera PST? The link that mines put up is no longer valid.


    Thanks
  10. dedroid's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo
    The ground is the black wire from the Futuredial adapter which is connected to #8. The only connections are to #8 #10 and #11. All other pins are free. Hope this helps.
    Thanks SloMo! So the red wires attached to point 1 and 3 on the connector to the 650, are they needed at all?
  11. SloMo's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #191  
    No they are not needed and if you look close enough you can see that they have been cut. All you need to connect are the abbove mentioned wires. Unless you are a super duper solder dude, I found that I could pull the pins out of the back of the plug so I could solder them easier. After that push them back in until they stay put. Hope this helps.....
  12. #192  
    I have the cable done! I got the MSL number and everything! I can't seem to get my hands on the Chameleon version of the PST! Any ideas?
  13. dedroid's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #193  
    I have been trying to find the cable that means and others have used at CompUSA but I can only find one for the Palm Tungsten 5. I would rather not have to wait for a cable from eBay, hence why I am looking to get the cable retail. Anyone think this will work also for the cable modification? It looks a bit different but if all that needs to be done is connect 3 wires perhaps it might work. Any thoughts?

    Here is the link to the cable at CompUSA.

    http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...350&pfp=SEARCH
  14. #194  
    I used a similar "modified" cable, there was one catch, though...the pins that actually make contact with the 650 are one the USB connection ones. You have to take out the small pins and relocate them to the slots for serial TX and RX (pins 11 and 10). There was a small PCB that held the pins in place, so once you unsolder the PCB from the connector, you can slowly pull the pins out, move them over to the serial TX and RX and then attach them to the new cable. If anyone is in the LA area, send me a PM. I have cable and I "think" I have it all right. (Now I'm waiting for CS center to open so I can activate the phone!)
  15. dedroid's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #195  
    Any chance you could post a photo of "your" modified cable LaTreoGeek? I think I follow what your saying but a photo would help greatly. Thanks.
  16.    #196  
    Hi, guys.

    Sorry for late reply about your question.

    About the cable :

    We only require 8, 10, 11 pins of Treo 650 Connector. In this picture,
    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/023...LgIMG_2330.jpg
    I only used 8, 10, 11 pins. Just ignore the other pins (1, 3 ..). I did not clear the wires not used.

    And about the converting processes.

    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/028/

    There are some missing points.

    First of all, You must punch ##3424 before connect serial cable.
    And sometimes, serial cable speed must be set as 115200 bps at BitPim software.

    Second, there are two codes. One is OTKSL and the other is MSL (SPC) code. Chameleon asks SPC code. It must be MSL code.

    Third, you only requires changing MSL and PRL to activate verizon.

    During the activating the phone by calling CS, CS asks you to call *228 and punch 1 for upgrade phone setting. During this processing, the other phone settings are set for verizon. After updating phone, call *228 again, and punch 2 to upgrade PRL.

    Also you need change some browser and dialup setting to using express data.

    I will change the step by step instruction more understanding.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by mines
    Hi, guys.

    Sorry for late reply about your question.

    About the cable :

    We only require 8, 10, 11 pins of Treo 650 Connector. In this picture,
    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/023...LgIMG_2330.jpg
    I only used 8, 10, 11 pins. Just ignore the other pins (1, 3 ..). I did not clear the wires not used.

    And about the converting processes.

    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/028/

    There are some missing points.

    First of all, You must punch ##3424 before connect serial cable.
    And sometimes, serial cable speed must be set as 115200 bps at BitPim software.

    Second, there are two codes. One is OTKSL and the other is MSL (SPC) code. Chameleon asks SPC code. It must be MSL code.

    Third, you only requires changing MSL and PRL to activate verizon.

    During the activating the phone by calling CS, CS asks you to call *228 and punch 1 for upgrade phone setting. During this processing, the other phone settings are set for verizon. After updating phone, call *228 again, and punch 2 to upgrade PRL.

    Also you need change some browser and dialup setting to using express data.

    I will change the step by step instruction more understanding.
    Hello,

    I will host the Kyocera software for you if needed.
  18.    #198  
    Dear guys,

    Here is modified instruction:

    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/028/

    Good Luck!
  19. #199  
    Mines,
    For those of us with far less skills would you be willing to do the upgrade for us? If I were to buy the phone directly from PalmOne and have it delivered to you then you do the upgrade (ie. transfer configuration from Sprint to Verizon) and I pay you a fee would that be a possible scenario?
    I suspect there are others who would be interested as well.
    Tom R
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysMD
    does anyone have a link to the Chameleon verison of the Kyocera PST? The link that mines put up is no longer valid.


    Thanks
    I'm looking as well. If someone could PM me a link to the Chameleon Suite install, I'd be eternally grateful.

    Thanks!

Posting Permissions