Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. sjuffe's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has anybody been getting disconnected calls using Sprint? I have 2-3 bars and can start an outbound call, but as soon as it starts to dial it drops the call.

    sjuffe
    Treo 600-gods gift to gadget geeks!
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
  2. #2  
    I've had intermittent inability to connect to the network today-Wonder if maybe it's sunspot season?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  3. sjuffe's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman_0206
    I've had intermittent inability to connect to the network today-Wonder if maybe it's sunspot season?
    this isn't just today.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
  4. #4  
    Actually I generally have great sucess with Sprint, except in one area on my way home (about 6 miles with no or very weak signal) where there is no tower. I almost never get "network busy"as I did today.

    I was told by a CSR if you apply for 5 dropped call credits a report is sent somewhere to investigate the reason, and it doesn't hurt your standing with Sprint. What has Sprint told you about it?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjuffe
    Has anybody been getting disconnected calls using Sprint? I have 2-3 bars and can start an outbound call, but as soon as it starts to dial it drops the call.

    sjuffe
    Treo 600-gods gift to gadget geeks!
    Dial *2 and report these drops, you may get a credit but worst case it lets them know where there are problems so they can look into it.
  6. procure's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjuffe
    Has anybody been getting disconnected calls using Sprint? I have 2-3 bars and can start an outbound call, but as soon as it starts to dial it drops the call.

    sjuffe
    Treo 600-gods gift to gadget geeks!
    This is a known problem - do a search in the Treo 600 forum for "Network Search issues" or something like that. There are a few threads about it. Basically, if your ESN falls within a certain range, and you're still under warranty, you can get your phone replaced. That's the only way to resolve the problem.
  7. #7  
    I've been with Sprint a long time. The only reason for dropped calls especially in a good signal area is a bad handset - from experience.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8. #8  
    The number of dropped calls (especially during dialing) has increased significantly since I upgraded to the 650.
  9. sjuffe's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman_0206
    Actually I generally have great sucess with Sprint, except in one area on my way home (about 6 miles with no or very weak signal) where there is no tower. I almost never get "network busy"as I did today.

    I was told by a CSR if you apply for 5 dropped call credits a report is sent somewhere to investigate the reason, and it doesn't hurt your standing with Sprint. What has Sprint told you about it?
    i haven't called them. i wanted to see if i could get feedback on thid. going to try and see s tech todsy
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
  10. #10  
    I'm having the problem today too with having no service. From the second I woke up this morning (8am) to now (6pm) I've had absolutely no service. This has never happened before. I'm at least glad to hear this isn't an isolated problem, as I thought it was only happening to me today.

Posting Permissions