Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Has anybody been getting disconnected calls using Sprint? I have 2-3 bars and can start an outbound call, but as soon as it starts to dial it drops the call.

sjuffe
    Treo 600-gods gift to gadget geeks!
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    I've had intermittent inability to connect to the network today-Wonder if maybe it's sunspot season?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman_0206
    I've had intermittent inability to connect to the network today-Wonder if maybe it's sunspot season?
    this isn't just today.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Actually I generally have great sucess with Sprint, except in one area on my way home (about 6 miles with no or very weak signal) where there is no tower. I almost never get "network busy"as I did today.

I was told by a CSR if you apply for 5 dropped call credits a report is sent somewhere to investigate the reason, and it doesn't hurt your standing with Sprint. What has Sprint told you about it?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sjuffe
    Has anybody been getting disconnected calls using Sprint? I have 2-3 bars and can start an outbound call, but as soon as it starts to dial it drops the call.

sjuffe
    Dial *2 and report these drops, you may get a credit but worst case it lets them know where there are problems so they can look into it.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjuffe

sjuffe
    This is a known problem - do a search in the Treo 600 forum for "Network Search issues" or something like that. There are a few threads about it. Basically, if your ESN falls within a certain range, and you're still under warranty, you can get your phone replaced. That's the only way to resolve the problem.
    I've been with Sprint a long time. The only reason for dropped calls especially in a good signal area is a bad handset - from experience.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    The number of dropped calls (especially during dialing) has increased significantly since I upgraded to the 650.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman_0206
    Actually I generally have great sucess with Sprint, except in one area on my way home (about 6 miles with no or very weak signal) where there is no tower. I almost never get "network busy"as I did today.

I was told by a CSR if you apply for 5 dropped call credits a report is sent somewhere to investigate the reason, and it doesn't hurt your standing with Sprint. What has Sprint told you about it?
    i haven't called them. i wanted to see if i could get feedback on thid. going to try and see s tech todsy
    I'm having the problem today too with having no service. From the second I woke up this morning (8am) to now (6pm) I've had absolutely no service. This has never happened before. I'm at least glad to hear this isn't an isolated problem, as I thought it was only happening to me today.