1.    #1  
    Jeez,
    It seems everytime I make a change to my plan Sprint is changing my contract expiration date. Now me personally since I get a deep discount on my Sprint PCS service through my employeer, I have no intention of leaving.
    Yet I am amazed that if you elect to change your plan, your date get's renewed for a year.

I changed my number from a Tallahassee Area code to a Cincinnati Area code recently and lo and behold, Sprint forces me to renew to a new 1 year agreement. Without telling me that doing so would result in a new agreement.

I guess you could say it's my fault that I don't carefully read the fine print.
    Is this normal for other carrier's?
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    not with orange UK
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Every time I make a change to my account, I make sure they tell me that nothing else is going to change and that there will be no contract extension. It's worked for me. Haven't tried to change numbers, though, so I don't know if that has something to do with it.
  4.    #4  
    KRam,
    I'll start to do that next time. They claim the number change has to do with local contracts and to stop one and start another they are "required" to renew a contract...
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Changed plans (8X), changed phone numbers, changed phones 6 times, even received loyalty money and never had a contract beyond my first one 7 years ago when I signed up. Cingular So Cal.
  6.    #6  
    Sprint is the devil jeeeeez.
    they shouldnt be renewing your contract every time. My business rep says its not a requirement, but many csr's just do it as a matter of routine. Tell them not to.