Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure I'll be switching to Sprint from AT&T. But I had a quick question that perhaps one of you could answer.

I have heard conflicting reports about Sprint's SMS service. A friend of mine said that he has to login to the Vision service to receive/send SMS messages (he made it sound like it was a lengthy process). Is this any different on the Treo? I am currently using my 600 w/ AT&T and I rely heavily on SMS/Text Messaging.

Can anyone give me a good comparison?
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    I'm pretty sure I'll be switching to Sprint from AT&T. But I had a quick question that perhaps one of you could answer.

I have heard conflicting reports about Sprint's SMS service. A friend of mine said that he has to login to the Vision service to receive/send SMS messages (he made it sound like it was a lengthy process). Is this any different on the Treo? I am currently using my 600 w/ AT&T and I rely heavily on SMS/Text Messaging.

Can anyone give me a good comparison?
    Sprint's 'short mail' service did use vision. Sprint's SMS service since Feb'04 is similar to other carriers. From my experience, sprint to sprint SMS is very fast. Sprint to other carrier SMS not quite so fast but >95% reliability.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!