1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if Sprint still allows you to have a no-commitment plan by paying an additional $10/month?

Thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    Well, to answer my own question, I just found out that you can indeed get a month-to-month plan with Sprint for an extra $10/mo.
    but will you get your rebate for new phones such as the Treo 650 if you go this route?
    Highly unlikely-IMO. They offer the rebate because they make money on the 2 years you pay bills. Why would they rebate something when there is no sure return on their investment. With a 1 or 2 year plan they at least have the early term. fee of...$150. The same amount as the rebate. They can't lose, but if they give you $150 and 2 mos later you drop them, they're out the rebate and the client. A no win for them

just my $.02
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman_0206
    Highly unlikely-IMO. They offer the rebate because they make money on the 2 years you pay bills. Why would they rebate something when there is no sure return on their investment. With a 1 or 2 year plan they at least have the early term. fee of...$150. The same amount as the rebate. They can't lose, but if they give you $150 and 2 mos later you drop them, they're out the rebate and the client. A no win for them

just my $.02
    Exactly!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Yes you can. You pay the normal monthly plan plus $10. The Treo 650 cost is $599 (no discount). I know this because I have one right here in my hand bought this way.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I understand that you can buy a 650 w/ only a month-to-month, I was referring to the rebate of $150 being highly unlikely. Your $599 would have been $449 with a 2 year agreement on a new line of service.
    Last edited by Dragonman; 12/07/2004 at 06:42 AM.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    No, Sprint does not give instant rebates when you choose a month to month plan, UNLESS you can luck out at a 3rd party retailer and get a Sprint CSR who is new and knows nothing. I've seen it happen before. It's all in a little thing called the ICEC code. It's what allows 3rd party retailers to give you that instant rebate.
    Yes, you are right. I was only confirming that yes can get one, but no discount without a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman_0206
    I understand that you can buy a 650 w/ only a month-to-month, I was referring to the rebate of $150 being highly unlikely. Your $599 would have been $449 with a 2 year agreement on a new line of service.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680