1.    #1  
    My company uses a hosted Exchange server that is located outside of our offices, specifically Mailstreet.com. I can't seem to get the Verizon Wireless Sync PC Monitor application to work properly with our Exchange server. I click Setup > Individual Monitor > Username/password. The PC Monitor goes to Initialize the Account, then returns MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) twice. Does anyone know what this means? I have followed the instructions to a T, but can't seem to get past this step. I haven't bothered trying to call VZW tech support because I know they'll be worthless.

In the meantime, I'm using the IMAP functionality to get the email out of my Exchange server, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't sync sent messages, deleted messages, and so forth.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

matts
    It's just a guess as I am not running a similar setup; but I would expect that it is a network timeout issue. Although Verizon's tech support is not the greatest when it comes to WS, it's the only way to go. I would give them a call and start your process now. This way, if you need Intellisync to get involved, you might reach them by tomorrow. Seriously.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by matts
    My company uses a hosted Exchange server that is located outside of our offices, specifically Mailstreet.com. I can't seem to get the Verizon Wireless Sync PC Monitor application to work properly with our Exchange server. I click Setup > Individual Monitor > Username/password. The PC Monitor goes to Initialize the Account, then returns MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) twice. Does anyone know what this means? I have followed the instructions to a T, but can't seem to get past this step. I haven't bothered trying to call VZW tech support because I know they'll be worthless.

In the meantime, I'm using the IMAP functionality to get the email out of my Exchange server, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't sync sent messages, deleted messages, and so forth.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

matts
    Hi matts,

I bet that you cannot get to your Exchange box from your PC. Open up Outlook and try to view your inbox and other folders. When you are able to see them, then try the connector again and I bet you will see things work.

Good Luck.
  4.    #4  
    Outlook works fine on my PC. I can connect to the Exchange server without any problems. I'm using the new functionality of Outlook 2003 which allows RPC connections over HTTP, and I think that's what's causing the problems. The PC Monitor can't handle that. For now I'm using IMAP, and I think I'll switch over to Snappermail as soon as they get the IMAP Sent Messages sync working (it's on their list of things to do in the next version). Thanks anyway!

matts
  5.    #5  
    Yep, turns out that WS does not work when you connect to your Exchange server using RPC over HTTP. This is sort of an esoteric feature that not many people use, so I can't really blame VZW for not supporting it. Works fine now that I changed my Outlook to sync with Exchange using the old fashioned way. Thanks!