Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It would appear that either Sprint's website is wildly inaccurate or there is a different set of circumstances that triggers a rebate reset. It seems like half the people in this thread, myself included, have swapped an ESN in the past few months and are still entitled to the upgrade rebate. I, for one, will be calling Sprint this week to put in an order for a 650 with my upgrade rebate, since the website is listing me as eligible. I will argue this with Sprint if they give me any grief, and if they refuse to budge, I'll just put my wife on the phone and use her rebate (she's still got the same crappy phone from 2 years ago) to get the 650. Either way I'm getting my $150 and it's all up to Sprint about how much of their time I take up to get it.
    If you use your wifes subaccount, will that not make the Treo650 on her number? You have to keep it acctivated for 30days too, so you can' tswap pit over? I could us emy wifes too, we share an account and she is eligable, I am not.
    OK, I just called, they said that NO ONE that changed their ESN and it was a model upgrade is eleigable. So these people that cahnged ESN and it's not been 18months yet, but it shows that you get the rebate, ARE YOU SURE THE ESN SWAP WAS NOT FOR THE SAME MODEL PHONE?

Thansk,Matt
    Matt,
    As I stated in earlier posts, I upgraded from the 300 to the 600 with an ESN swap last October or November. The Sprint rebate site says I am eligible. I have not called Sprint about it because I am waiting for my 650 from the roadshow.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    ARE YOU SURE THE ESN SWAP WAS NOT FOR THE SAME MODEL PHONE?
    Positive. I upgraded from a Samsung A500 to the Treo 600 in late June. Definitely not the same phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    If you use your wifes subaccount, will that not make the Treo650 on her number?
    Yes, it will. The phone will have her number on it long enough for it to get delivered to my house. Then I will swap the ESNs again. This is not the same as deactivating the phone and selling it on eBay. The phone will remain active on the same account with a different number. I know people who have done this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Positive. I upgraded from a Samsung A500 to the Treo 600 in late June. Definitely not the same phone.

Yes, it will. The phone will have her number on it long enough for it to get delivered to my house. Then I will swap the ESNs again. This is not the same as deactivating the phone and selling it on eBay. The phone will remain active on the same account with a different number. I know people who have done this as well.
    They said I had to keep the new Treo on her number untill after the rebate, which would take 8-14 weeks to come in the mail. Hhowever, I bet your right about swapping aagain and such, it's a grey area...

GOOD NEWS.
    I called a thrid time, got a nice lady who understood, said that no one should be eleigable according to the site if they upgrades models. There must be either a misunderstanding, where the person it just doing an ESN swap and thay is why the rebate time is not reset, or a glitch in the system (*which sounds like your case*). SO SEE said that since I am eleigable in April os 2005 and I didn;t get a discount when i go the Treo600, should would hood me up. So she put a note in the account to make me eleigable today in stead of 4/05...VERY COOL...Off to the local Sprint Store to order the phone..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12