Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i like the fact that sprint claims that they will update the software to enable DUN but with untethered bluetooth/modem connectivity what is going to happen to the networks in terms of load balancing all the data transfer that will inevitably occur. currently i get between 90/110kbs. I dont even use a laptop. Honestly i dont wanna suddenly have to pay $80 a month for unlimited vision or have it become a sickly connection like other service providers. anyone have any info on this?
    Will things really change that much? People already use Treo 600s (and many other phones) to connect their laptops to the Internet. I'll use a cable and my 650 (assuming I can actually get one someday) to occasionally connect my laptop to the Internet. If Sprint enables BT DUN, the only thing that will change is that I'll be able to lose the cable. Why would that change the load on the Sprint network?
    Check my response on this thread. Remember, you can't assume any network will stay constant. They are in an inexorable state of change, and as utilization increases, so will available bandwidth.

I'm getting 100k - 300k on SPCS. Yeeee haawwww!!
    KitMoni
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    300k! Wtf
    My guess is that by Sprint saying it is a future 'upgrade' is that they will control tightly the upgrade. If you purchase it you will probably be required to pay for a premium unlimited internet package, similar to the $30/mo that users with MS Windows Phones pay now.

Of course, this is my opinion, but I'll throw it out for your consideration....