1.    #1  
    I'm having a hard time opening certain documents using Sprint Personal Bus Connection. I usually need a file quickly at the worst time, and so I go to my home PC, log onto business connection, and go to "documents". There I see a list of all my files on my work computer, but when I try to get one, I just get an hourglass hanging until it finally times out and says page cannot be displayed or something like that. Is there a size limit to files you can transfer? I can open some files, but not others. Naturally, it's always the one I need that doesn't work. I was trying to open an excel spreadsheet. The only reason I wanted BC is to transfer files, but so far it hasn't been helping me at all.
    jachang - Do you know the exact error you are getting. There is a limit on the file size - about 4MB. Are they always Excel files that are not opening and which ones tend to work for you? The transforamtion process actually happens on your PC before it is shuttled to the device.

Quote Originally Posted by jachang
    I'm having a hard time opening certain documents using Sprint Personal Bus Connection. I usually need a file quickly at the worst time, and so I go to my home PC, log onto business connection, and go to "documents". There I see a list of all my files on my work computer, but when I try to get one, I just get an hourglass hanging until it finally times out and says page cannot be displayed or something like that. Is there a size limit to files you can transfer? I can open some files, but not others. Naturally, it's always the one I need that doesn't work. I was trying to open an excel spreadsheet. The only reason I wanted BC is to transfer files, but so far it hasn't been helping me at all.
  3.    #3  
    MobileGhost,
    It's always Excel files that won't transfer. I don't get any error message, I just don't get anything at all. Just the hourglass on the screen. If I wait long enough--10 minutes or so, it will time out. The files are not large--small enough to fit on a floppy disk. In fact that's what I've had to do--bring the files along on floppies, because I don't dare trust Business Connection.
    Thanks
    One thing you can check on your desktop is to look in the slingshot.log file at the time you requested the Excel file on the device. Look at the lines around the time period the file was requested to see if there are any errors listed.

While you are requesting the document is your PC chugging away a lot in terms of CPU?

Also what version of Excel were the documents created on? 2000 or 2003?

Other than that there is a Beta program that SEVEN runs, the makers of Business Connection, that you could probably join and get more direct help and see if the docs work on their newer version. If you are interested they have a signup URL at:

http://www.seven.com/products/Indivi...tion/Beta.html