1.    #1  
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I'm betting that VZW won't carry the 650 until 10 months after everyone else gets it.

You know -- all that "testing" they have to do.
    yup, that's why I did decide to just buy the T600 (last month) instead of waiting for the "testing" to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by rh71
    yup, that's why I did decide to just buy the T600 (last month) instead of waiting for the "testing" to be done.
    Actually, I just picked up the 600 as well on VZW. I like it. I like it a lot -- carrying a phone/PDA makes more sense than carrying the both of them around. But here's the thing -- I didn't like the display, the build quality was kinda wonky (went through two of them) and the camera took pictures of what looked like blobs (though this wasn't a make-or-break issue).

Then there's the whole fact that there's something better coming along in terms of the 650. So I called VZW customer service and told them I was sending it back -- give me back my NE2 credit. I'm hoping that those rumors about VZW picking up the 650 in Nov. are true, though if they are I'd be very, very, very surprised.

So I'm giving VZW until the end of Nov. to produce a 650. If they don't, I'm taking my business to Sprint. The fact that Verizon seems to favor cellphones that came over on the Mayflower has been a sore spot with me for a long time (though GSM wasn't an option due to poor reception in Southern Cali, based on my own experience). I like the coverage I get in LA, but from what I understand, if you add the roaming package to Sprint, it gives you access to VZW's towers, and $15 for unlimited data (vs. $50) pretty much seals the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerboy
    So I'm giving VZW until the end of Nov. to produce a 650. If they don't, I'm taking my business to Sprint.
    Why do you think Sprint will have the Treo 650 available by the end of November?
    The article on the front page does indicate Sprint will have it first in November. I used to have Sprint - got ported over to VZW because the coverage was so spotty in NY if you can believe that... even with a T600. I had to wait almost a year after that before VZW picked up the T600. Going back to Sprint just for the T650 would not be something I want to do.

Tradeoffs I guess.. Sprint has the best phones first but mediocre coverage, and VZW is the opposite. QA is more important to them, which sucks for us if we're not as patient. And with the T650, we all would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by rh71
    The article on the front page does indicate Sprint will have it first in November.
    No, that article (and all other articles everywhere throughout The Net that I've seen so far) discuss "expected availability".

But thanks for playing!
    The real question is IF (or WHEN) Verizon Wireless will carry the Treo 650!

Would be nice if I had some confidence in the thought of VZW being on the cutting edge!
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerboy
    Actually, I just picked up the 600 as well on VZW. I like it. I like it a lot -- carrying a phone/PDA makes more sense than carrying the both of them around. But here's the thing -- I didn't like the display, the build quality was kinda wonky (went through two of them) and the camera took pictures of what looked like blobs (though this wasn't a make-or-break issue).

Then there's the whole fact that there's something better coming along in terms of the 650. So I called VZW customer service and told them I was sending it back -- give me back my NE2 credit. I'm hoping that those rumors about VZW picking up the 650 in Nov. are true, though if they are I'd be very, very, very surprised.

So I'm giving VZW until the end of Nov. to produce a 650. If they don't, I'm taking my business to Sprint. The fact that Verizon seems to favor cellphones that came over on the Mayflower has been a sore spot with me for a long time (though GSM wasn't an option due to poor reception in Southern Cali, based on my own experience). I like the coverage I get in LA, but from what I understand, if you add the roaming package to Sprint, it gives you access to VZW's towers, and $15 for unlimited data (vs. $50) pretty much seals the deal.
    I know Verizon has had better coverage in So Cal. I have been with SBC/Cingular for 7 years. THE GSM GPRS has always been better than Sprint here. For a moment I switched to Sprint but the coverage was really lousy and they haphazardly supported Shortmail. Are there some So Cal Sprint users who can comment on their service in So Cal. I still have the Sprint phone and service but gave it to my wife. Still short mail only works about 1/2 the time. Do Sprint 600 users in So Cal experience this still? Also when traveling, our Cingular phone has much better coverage than the Sprint. I have never been under contract since the first year and have never found anything better (except verizon converage, not sms)
    Sprint has released a PRPRPR-$fluff$ $stating$ $they$ $will$ $be$ $carrying$ $the$ $Treo$ $650$ $but$ $the$ $time$ $given$ $still$ $remains$ $too$ $ambiguous$ $to$ $call$.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Sprint has released a PRPRPR-$fluff$ $stating$ $they$ $will$ $be$ $carrying$ $the$ $Treo$ $650$ $but$ $the$ $time$ $given$ $still$ $remains$ $too$ $ambiguous$ $to$ $call$.
    Consistent reports from people who work with Sprint are showing a mid-November time frame however. There have been postings to this effect here, pdaphonehome, hofo's, sprintpcsinfo, and various news sites. I'm not saying they're right, but this info is being confirmed by many different individuals with access to Sprint's Intranet. As you are aware, telesales is also giving out the same consistent information (you challenged someone in another thread here about calling telesales.)

I think even you are starting to believe this as you have gone from not until next year to too ambiguous to call.

This is not to say that it can't be delayed (though it looks to have passed internal testing) or that the world won't end tomorrow...but it does look far more likely that it will be released this year (Nov) instead of next.
    Actually, I'm sticking to February 2005.

Let's see someone walk into a store and buy one - THEN I'm a believer!
    There's obviously going to be a big push to get this thing out in time for Christmas, so I would expect Sprint and possibly one or two of the GSM providers to have it out sometime in December, with the others to follow next spring...except for Verizon which should get it in time for Christmas 2005 just in time for us loyal customers to buy up old technology as Palm One is on the brink of bringing out the next model.
    Actually, I'm sticking to February 2005.

Let's see someone walk into a store and buy one - THEN I'm a believer!

I'm glad to hear you're sticking to your guns, Seldom! I personally believe there is far too much compelling info out there to indicating otherwise. I actually can't recall any info out there that would indicate Feb. '05 as a viable date.

I'll go with the more popular November 2004 timeframe. Care to make a friendly wager? I like my crow crispy ...how do you like yours?
    In our eagerness to push someone's nose in the ...ahem...mud, let us not forget what was ORIGINALLY stated w.r.t. this:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...67&postcount=3

I note that you did not risk taking a stance back then.

[and note, too, just how accurate I was - and may still be]
    [and note, too, just how accurate I was - and may still be]
    Orange did pick it up...

Erik
    Orange did pick it up
    Not until "sometime in 2005".

Sound like February (or much later) to you?
    orange will have it before 2005 they got to
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    orange will have it before 2005 they got to
    Straight from the horse's mouth:

== "...Carrier availability is expected to begin later this year in
    == the United States, with worldwide rollout to follow in 2005..."

-- http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041025/sfm064_1.html