1.    #1  
    So I am trying to set-up wireless synch, but it keeps telling me it can't detect and exchange server (which I don't have), does it only work with exchange servers? I thought it just ran on my desktop.....
    You are going to have to be a lot more specific about your goals and about your setup to get anyone to answer...
    interclubs,
    Are you talking about Verizon Wireless Sync? You need to define either a Domino or Exchange server to the WS client on your desktop.
    interclubs,

When using Verizon's Wireless Sync, the PC monitor software that gets installed on the desktop is only used, as Beryl just stated, with a Domino or Exchange Server. Unless you receive your e-mail through one of these two servers, do not install the PC monitor software. It can do nothing for you.

However, by installing the Palm software on your Treo, you can access your IMAP and/or POP3 e-mail by making the necessary configurations on the Wireless Sync webpage. However, even in this mode, it will not be a push configuration (it can only poll your mailbox every 15 minutes) and you cannot send; only receive.

In short, if you are looking for a POP3/IMAP solution, I would probably not recommend VZW's Wireless Sync.

Good luck.