1. brk
    It appears that Verizon does not distribute an eMail application with the Treo 600. I am reluctent to buy one and would like to use something which is free.

Has anyone installed any of the free eMail applications and which one would you recommend?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRK
    It appears that Verizon does not distribute an eMail application with the Treo 600. I am reluctent to buy one and would like to use something which is free.

Has anyone installed any of the free eMail applications and which one would you recommend?
    BRK -

You are not correct. VZW distributes the Intellisync Push based email solution for free with all Treo 600's - here is the tech support link
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/data.jsp. You can click thru to find more detail on the VZW Site. I have been using it for the last month and although I have experienced some up's and down's, everything is finally working perfectly for me with respect to PUSH based incoming emails within 1-2 minutes of when they are rec'd on Exchange/Outlook, and sent emails within the same time frame. Other than Good technologies (which is expensive), it is the best solution out there for VZW Treo 600 subscribers.

You can also check prior posts by myself and SteveNYC for very thorough explanations of the trials and tribulations behind VZW's roll out of this process. Suffice it to say that there has been a learning curve for both VZW and Intellisync, but they certainly appear to have this product working as promised at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    BRK -

You are not correct. VZW distributes the Intellisync Push based email solution for free with all Treo 600's - here is the tech support link
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/data.jsp. You can click thru to find more detail on the VZW Site. I have been using it for the last month and although I have experienced some up's and down's, everything is finally working perfectly for me with respect to PUSH based incoming emails within 1-2 minutes of when they are rec'd on Exchange/Outlook, and sent emails within the same time frame. Other than Good technologies (which is expensive), it is the best solution out there for VZW Treo 600 subscribers.

You can also check prior posts by myself and SteveNYC for very thorough explanations of the trials and tribulations behind VZW's roll out of this process. Suffice it to say that there has been a learning curve for both VZW and Intellisync, but they certainly appear to have this product working as promised at this time.
    EEK! Be very careful when you advise this.... make sure you indicate you've got the unlimitted data plan. If BRK doesn't, he might just send you the $3000 bill that results
    Seriously though, if you do have the unlimted plan, ambtreo is perfectly correct. If you don't (like me) Snappermail is well worth the cost. It connects on demand, grabs your email and disconnects. Only takes a minute or so of your peak voice minutes.
  4. brk
    Thanks I saw the disk but did not install it since I wasn't planning on synching my email with a PC. I will try it out. I liked Snappermail but do not want to pay for it.

Yes I am aware that unless you disconnect the minutes keep rolling. I do not have the data plan so I always disconnect after each session.
  5. brk
    Does Intellisync email client disconnect after receiving each mail message (like Snappermail)?
    Quote Originally Posted by BRK
    Does Intellisync email client disconnect after receiving each mail message (like Snappermail)?
    Well, technically yes, however your Treo will try to connect every few minutes or so, regardless of your configuration. Remember, even if its only connected for a second, VZW counts it as one minute. I would strongly recommed you do not enable these features without the unlimited data plan. I'm afraid if you do, you're really going to regret it when your bill arrives.
    ITA w/JasonWilliam on each of his points.

If you want a simple and free email program, try Eudora Internet Mail Suite (EIS).
    http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/eis/

It is missing many features you might want (attachments, IMAP, etc.) but might be sufficient for your needs.