Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, a month or so ago, Sprint send us a text message about a BC upgrade that was due to happen that weekend. It was supposed to add calendar functionality and some other stuff. Then there were problems and they never rolled out the upgrade.

Sooooo . . . . here we are a month or so later and still no upgrade. WHAT GIVES?
    I am getting impatient as well. Not being able to accept meeting requests and task requests is rather annoying.
    The link that they originally sent has updated information:

http://www.sprint.com/business/pages...Connection.jsp

Business Connection Personal Edition is coming soon. Please note the timeframe has changed from a previous communication. PE users will continue to receive updates as to the availability of this functionality.
    Come on Sprint. Get it done...
    I was thinking about this the other day. I wonder what happened. Didn't some people report having access to the new version (corporate customers, I believe).
    I kills me that they put out that initial notice...I have been checking that stupid website every day for updates.

All they do is create false hopes and get people excited just to sit on it for months...sucks
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I was thinking about this the other day. I wonder what happened. Didn't some people report having access to the new version (corporate customers, I believe).
    I'm a corporate customer and I got the update weeks ago. It seems to sync a little faster with the update, although that could be perception and not reality.

Regarding the calendar sync, don't get too excited. It adds a calendar to the BizCon app. That calendar does NOT share data with the Palm OS Calendar app. So you wind up with dual-calendars. Really bad design. I still have to HotSync to get my meetings in the regular calendar.
    - Fushigi
    I've been getting frustrated with BC too. Mine regularly causes my 600 to start crashing causing me to have to delete it and re-install it and not having the wireless calendar thing is frustrating. I am wondering if anybody knows if the Wireless Active Sync thing on the 650 will meet our needs with out having to use Biz Con?
    Try out the seven beta program. It's where the BC client comes from. Search the forums for the link to sign up. It's a better product.
    I just tried getting mail with Sprint BC PE, and was notified that a new version (6.3.1.506) is available. Seems like an improvement. You can now click on links and phone number in email messages.

-Merrick
    But the hyperlinks don't actually do anything. Click a hyperlink in a message and you will open up a box that says Go to URL and list the URL to go to. You then have a choice of Yes or no. Press Yes and nothing happens, Press no and nothing happens. Neat...

Still having calendar access is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi

Regarding the calendar sync, don't get too excited. It adds a calendar to the BizCon app. That calendar does NOT share data with the Palm OS Calendar app. So you wind up with dual-calendars. Really bad design. I still have to HotSync to get my meetings in the regular calendar.

WTF! Whats the point of havng a calandar in BC? It needs to sync with the Palm calandar on the phone!

What a waste of time...I'm so pissed...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCB37
    WTF! Whats the point of havng a calandar in BC? It needs to sync with the Palm calandar on the phone!

Yes, very disappointing.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    After all that hype it really does nothing for calendar.
    Murf - What device do you have and ROM version? My hyperlinks work fine that I have tested and go into Blazer and launch the web site. I think there might be some limit to the length of the URL though... I noticed that very long ones don't seem to have the undelined portion of the link in the last few characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Murf
    But the hyperlinks don't actually do anything. Click a hyperlink in a message and you will open up a box that says Go to URL and list the URL to go to. You then have a choice of Yes or no. Press Yes and nothing happens, Press no and nothing happens. Neat...

Still having calendar access is nice.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCB37

Yep. I have to wonder why they wasted the developer effort to write yet another calendar app when they should have been able to hook into the Palm APIs and use the internal calendar.

BTW, Seven was at the Chicago Road Show so I mentioned this as a liability in the product. The reps seemed quite receptive to feedback (positive & negative), so I'd encourage folks to politely communicate to Seven what features & integration they want. The messaging space on Palms & Treos is getting crowded so it is in the vendor's best interests to listen to what the users want from their products.
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    Murf - What device do you have and ROM version? My hyperlinks work fine that I have tested and go into Blazer and launch the web site. I think there might be some limit to the length of the URL though... I noticed that very long ones don't seem to have the undelined portion of the link in the last few characters.
    Blazer and reqwirless
    Sorry, I wasn't reading your message carefully. I have Treo 600 and Rom 1.20-SPR Hardware C PRL rev 10023. Have tried several links including short ones and still no, connection using Blazer or reqwirless. "Just a Go to URL" prompt.
    And for Blazer version 3.0 and reqwireless is webviewer 3.5.2
    I'm not sure how reqwirless fits into the picture? Which product of theirs are you using?

Also is your Blazer Version 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Murf
    Sorry, I wasn't reading your message carefully. I have Treo 600 and Rom 1.20-SPR Hardware C PRL rev 10023. Have tried several links including short ones and still no, connection using Blazer or reqwirless. "Just a Go to URL" prompt.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast