1.    #1  
    I'm on ATT with my T600. my contract is up and i am thinking of switching to Verizon because my wife is on it and we could use the mobile to mobile. Are you happy with the performance of the T600 on verizon? Anyone else make this switch?
    I am happy. The thing with Verizon is this: their customer service representatives (csr for short) tend to be uneducated. This becomes painfully clear when talking about the T600. However, once I figured out they don't know what they are doing, I was able to take charge and get done exactly what I needed to get done.

Keep this in mind: if you use the data features of the Treo extensively, you're going to pay more for it than any other service provider; currently $45 a month for unlimited. If, however, you're more like me and only need occasional access, you can deny the plan and just use your minutes when connected to the data network. This works perfectly IF YOU REMEMBER TO DISCONNECT EVERYTIME YOU'RE DONE!! If you don't, the connection will persist and use up your minutes in no time. I had a $700 bill my first month because of this, but it was eventually credited back.

Just don't let them convince you the data plan is "required" for the Treo. Deny it, have them enable SMS/MMS and you'll be all set to use your minutes instead.
    I believe to switch from ATT to Verizon you'd also have to buy a new phone.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Jason.

Yes Primate, that is the problem i am struggling with right now, how to get a Verizon T600 without dropping a ton of Cash.
    You can have your wife go to ATT too. As you know, they were bought by Cingular (? bottom line re: price and service).

VZW is pretty good with the Treo, except data is expensive. $45 for unlimited (don't bother with the 5mb/$25 deal). It is CDMA which means new phone (ATT = GSM) too.

Are you happy with your ATT service?
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    You can have your wife go to ATT too. As you know, they were bought by Cingular (? bottom line re: price and service).
    Just to expand on that a bit... supposedly, this is going to rock the mobile phone world (at least in the US). A good friend of mine has been in upper management at SBC (parent of Cingular) for nearly 30 years. According to him, he has never seen the level of excitement generated in house that this merger has produced. Apparently, the new company born of the merger is going to offer plans at prices never before seen. Remember when AOL charged by the hour for internet access, and how AT&T changed all that with unlimited internet access at cable speeds? Well if rumors can be believed, the day of unlimited mobile phone service is close at hand.

The upshot of this is, if you can wait, you may want to. I've heard Feburary... time will tell. It's interesting to note that Sprint is planning some huge sales promotion at the end of this year. Verizon, while it has not officially stated so, is rumored to be preparing to do the same. They would need to, to lock you into a long term plan, to lessen the impact of what Cingular may or may not do...
    Why not use Sprint...don't they have some mad no-limit data usage plan? (or was that T-mobile?)
  8.    #8  
    I don't hate ATT but i have had problems. I just found out today that my contract doesnt expire until Dec ( I thought it was Oct) so I guess i will wait and see what happens with the merger
    Worth a try...A while ago I was facing the same dilemma. I called Verizon to explore plans, and just mentioned that I was currently using AT&T through my company. I said that AT&T was offering a free phone (I mentioned a specific one I wanted) to employees, & Verizon offered to match the deal if I was willing to sign a 2 year agreement. You may not get full credit on a Treo but something is better than nothing.
    Tell em AT&T are giving away freo 650s
    I have sprint and hate it. lose connection frequently. can't make connection-get no service msg although towers showing- was going to verizon as soon as 650 available. Is that a bad idea? Can't believe there is not better swervice than sprint. am in WS NC but happens all over the easterern us for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jolyriddle
    I have sprint and hate it. lose connection frequently. can't make connection-get no service msg although towers showing- was going to verizon as soon as 650 available. Is that a bad idea? Can't believe there is not better swervice than sprint. am in WS NC but happens all over the easterern us for me.
    I am in the same area and have absolutely no problems with Sprint. It may be your phone as the people I work with have no problems either (unless of course you get out around Germanton and then the signal gets spotty, but still is not that bad). My wife was haviong problems with hr phone and I took it into Sprint and got the phone updated and so far no problems. She has the 8100 and I have the Treo and I get much better reception and clarity than she does snd I have alot less problems also (believe it or not).
    I'm moving from Sprint when my year is up (glad I spent the extra $50 for a 1 year contract vs. the 2 year contract).

Service is bad at home, though at work and most other locations I go to it is great.