1.    #1  
    From what i understand, data going through a treo is covered under my unlimilted vision, right? my question is, does sprint charge any more for vison on a pocket pc (or on the treo for that matter)? for some reason i thought they did. i have a really good price plan with free unlimited vision, i do not want to have to switch plans because i switch phones.
    Nope... you don't have to switch plans if you're switching phones. You are correct on the Visions plan. It's unlimited data transfer for any phone you have on that plan. It's no difference in prices if you change to the Windows Pocket PC.
    gang I don't think that's true - my memory is that Sprint charges an extra amount if you're using a PPC device. If you'll search around (or even check the details on the SPCS website in the data section) you'll see the notes about extra charge being levied if using PPC. At least that's how it used to be - maybe they've changed things recently. Good luck.
    About a year ago, Vision was $15 unlimited, but for PPC phones it was $30 unlimited. I think the justification was that PPC phones were multimedia-heavy and would suck up more bandwidth.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    yep, I remember hearing all the G-1000 users complaining about this. (having to pay double for Vision)
    I pay $10 a month for Vision!
    I wish I could have gotten on that 10/vision. but I needed the pictures pack and the biz conn.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I pay $10 a month for Vision!
    i am getting a sweet deal: free unlimited vision and some premium pack thing(picture mail and download credits) for FREE!
    i got lucky, they only ran the offer that i got for a very short time ( i am talking hours or days at most).
    i dont want to get a phone that will force me to change my plan for that reason. i wonder why they do that for PPC and not treos?
    Last edited by BigKenny; 10/13/2004 at 04:16 AM. Reason: me
    free?!! I want that deal! I have unliimited vision, unlimited text, & unlimited picture sending. But I thought $10 was cheap! How do I get the free s h i t e?
  10.    #10  
    free?!! I want that deal! I have unliimited vision, unlimited text, & unlimited picture sending. But I thought $10 was cheap! How do I get the free s h i t e?
    it was a promo i did over a year ago...they havent done it since
    You can get free unlimited vision (with BizConn included) simply by asking the right CS rep when you renew a contract. It helps if you are buying a new phone, or in the upper minute ranges, or if you have add-on phones on your account. I and several people I work with have done this within the last few months.
    if your phone runs a windows mobile operating system (according to my account manager, the i600 falls here) there is an extra 15 dollar fee and they force you to get the vision professional pack. which makes it $30 a month. if your voice plan is over 100 a month, they give you $15 off your vision pack, making it free for any phone except windows based.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    if your phone runs a windows mobile operating system (according to my account manager, the i600 falls here) there is an extra 15 dollar fee and they force you to get the vision professional pack. which makes it $30 a month. if your voice plan is over 100 a month, they give you $15 off your vision pack, making it free for any phone except windows based.
    another reason to stick with the treo. a ppc on sprint will cost $180 (plus all of the taxes) more a year.