1.    #1  
    I just read on some other website that people have been charged for listening to Streaming Audio (on PT) and were charged huge amounts of money even though they were on an unlimited plan from Sprint.

Has anyone else been charged for this with unlimited data, or was this a mistake?

Does anyone else with unlimited date use Streaming audio and have a normal (expected) bill each month?
    Use streaming, same bill each month, well, till the make up a new tax, that is.
    I use PT and stream with unlimited on T-Mobile and have no billing issues. The only problem is that phone calls go directly to voicemail while I'm using ANY data services, not just streaming.. This kindof sucks, but voicemail notifications do come through, so that is a plus, I guess.
    I stream on a regular basis on Sprint (since Nov. 03). No additional charges.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    The last few months I have really been testing Sprint's stance on "Unlimited" with pTunes. In almost 3 months and I have used 3.5 gigabytes. They haven't bothered me about it... yet.

Disclamer: YMMV!
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Stream on Fido unlimited GPRS data plan, no additional charges. I even use the SIM card in my PCMCIA GPRS wireless card to stream real-time quotes on my laptop and push several gigs per day.
    WOW, redcap, thats brave
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    The last few months I have really been testing Sprint's stance on "Unlimited" with pTunes. In almost 3 months and I have used 3.5 gigabytes. They haven't bothered me about it... yet.

Disclamer: YMMV!
    I guess that is why I asked. WHY would they charge? Unlimited is unlimited.
    Maybe because their TOS says you cannot hook it up to a laptop. They might assume that since you are using so much data on your "phone" that it must be on a laptop, and that its a great oppourtunity to screw you out of some $$$.

BTW I do have a Sprint connection card on my laptop. I guess thats a bit of insurance against them trying to charge me for streaming on the Treo.