Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I started to become suspicious last Thursday that there was a latency issue with the VZW WS mail server, specifically with respect to emails sent from the handheld. I had experienced delays (on two separate occasions) in excess of 1 hour for sent email messages to SYNC to my PC desktop after being emailed directly from the Treo. I noticed this as the time stamp in Outlook for these emails was more than one hour after the actual time they were sent.

Earlier today I called VZW Data d
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    ...the VZW data center and I was informed that the VZW 'Sent" mail server was down last Thursday and Sent email messages would be delayed for approx. one day. Has anyone else experienced these types of delays for messages sent from the Treo, and does this explanation seem reasonable?

Sorry for the poor typing b4, but I was posting from my Treo and for some reason the message was cut short.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Update -

I have been on the fone with the top level CSR's in the wireless data group. The delays are occuring at random as the sent emails from my treo are getting stuck in the Outbox on the VZW WS server. VZW acknowledges that there is a problem with the Intellisync software, and they are trying to resolve with Intellisync. This is a server issue. :-(
    ambtreo,
    Have you gotten an update from Verizon on this? I am seeing the same problem. My email doesn't seem to be stuck on the Verizon server for many hours prior to finally being sent.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstro
    ambtreo,
    Have you gotten an update from Verizon on this? I am seeing the same problem. My email doesn't seem to be stuck on the Verizon server for many hours prior to finally being sent.
    Dstro -

Unfortunately, this has been a bit of an adjustment as the latency seems to disappear at times both in/out, and other times emails get stuck in the outbox and/or inbox PUSH's do not occur. I have contacted both VZW and Intellisync, VZW has replaced my Treo (I don't think there was anything wrong with the first one) and the results are still mixed. I had stellar performance on Friday, and then over the weekend sent mails took 5 - 12 hours to leave the outbox.

I will continue to leave open my tix at Intellisync and VZW and I will advise everyone when I learn anything substantive, but after "hours" of fone calls with both VZW and Intellisync, my best guess is that Intellisync is continuing to deal with capacity issues as they relate to their servers. Intellisync actually hosts the VZW WS servers, and the product has sold so quickly they are a bit overwhelmed with the efficient management thereof. Thus, things do not work perfectly all the time (which they will admit). That being said, neither Intellisync nor VZW have come to me and said we had a problem, it's fixed, and now all you syncs will occur in real-time. It's very frustrating but I have to imagine that these issues can be fixed.