1.    #1  
    My wife and I have a 2-yr VZ contract and I just read the data plans for the treo. I currently don't have one, but think this thing ROCKS! Anyway, I see that it's about $30 for a 5MB plan and $50 for an unlimited. Well, being a new dad, and recently becoming the only source of income for the family, $50/month additional for data is WAY to steep. And I read some horror stories about VZ overbilling so I don't even want to consider the 5MB option.

I found that T-mobile has a pretty darn good family plan ($50 for two lines) plus $5 for data. This seems to be a better deal BY FAR. But I am in the middle of a 2-yr contract. If I can't get out of it, I simply won't get a treo (that hurts, cause I've been doing a lot of research on it for the past few weeks and I'm "jones'n" for it). Anyone have any experience with getting out of a contract? Maybe the other carrier would help? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Knowing VZW, you'll have to pay the early termination fee of $175 to get out of the contract. Being a new dad, better to pay the break fee than mess up your credit rating - which VZW will be happy to do if you don't pay the break fee.
    Yup. $175 it is. I am figuring that I'll earn that back pretty quickly with the money I save on Sprint's $15 data plan versus Verizon's similar plan for $45.