1.    #1  
    We are not the only VZ bashers around. There's nothing that we already don't know, but here's an interesting article that criticizes VZ publically - hopefully and eventually providing the critical mass needed to change VZ's BT crippling policies.

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html.../circuits.html

(you may need a subscription; it is free)
    Let's see what happens with the Treo 650. I wonder what kind of crippled BT we'll get from the entire range of carriers, not just VZ.
    Pogue is sort of like the John Stossel of Gadgets. He, along with Walt Mossberg of the WSJ, is not afraid to say what he really thinks.

Compare with the SMARTPhone; DUMBEditor thread I started re: PC Mag giving the BB 7100 an Editor's Choice for Smartphone but an 'NA' for Smartphone features (The Treo got 5/5 on Smartphone features but no 'Editor' Choice!)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=58635
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Let's see what happens with the Treo 650. I wonder what kind of crippled BT we'll get from the entire range of carriers, not just VZ.
    My guess is they will do the same exact crippling they did to the recently released Motorola v710; headset and wireless sync only. This REALLLLY ticked off a whole lot of folks that had been waiting for "bluetooth" on a vzw phone for years.
    If we sit by and let them, they'll walk all over us. If I had a Moto 710, I would be screaming at VZW and money-grubbing execs like Denny Strigl.

Contact info for the VZW execs is on their web page.
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    If we sit by and let them, they'll walk all over us. If I had a Moto 710, I would be screaming at VZW and money-grubbing execs like Denny Strigl.
    If you doubt this is going on just check the Howard forums. Verizon has received literally thousands of complaints regarding this and they continue with the "what's your point" attitude.

The fact is we will (and will continue to) buy the phones. Even though the community of users screams as loud as they can, VZW already has you locked in with your investment and contract. They know this... and they are not afraid to remind you as such.

The whole push behind a disabled BT on the v710 was to force you into using the get-it-now/wireless upload (fee based) features, all the while charging you to do so. I am very interested to see how they are going to do this on the t650. It looks like Blazer is gone and will be replaced by some other browser... maybe one that limits the basic users abilities beyond get-it-now... That's pure speculation on my part though. I just can't imagine VZW releasing full BT on one phone, while dramatically crippling the BT features of another.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam

...I am very interested to see how they are going to do this on the t650. It looks like Blazer is gone and will be replaced by some other browser... maybe one that limits the basic users abilities beyond get-it-now...
    I think it would be hard for VZW to prevent one from loading 3rd party browsers (such as WebViewer) as they would either have to block the port or limit software installation - which would be a big negative for any Palm user (and essentially make the Treo useless!)

I say LET THEM TRY IT