1.    #1  
    I have my wirelesss sync set for every four hours. Yet the VZ treo seems to do it spontaneously on its own seemingly hourly. What is going on?
  2.    #2  
    does anyone else have this problem?
    Those Readysync settings are not for the Treo 600. They are for the Kyocera 7135. It is explained in their hard to find manuals. WS is true push. When there is a change made to your server mail, it is pushed out to you -- sometimes within 10 minutes.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the information. So everytime I receive a new email, it will update?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    yes - I have posted the detailed process on another thread, but if you go to the account setting (Setup-->Account-->View Acitivity Log) you can literally watch in real-time the network PUSH's occur from your PC-->VZW Wireless Sync Server-->Treo 600. The syncs b/w your PC and the VZW WS server should be instantaneous; the PUSH's from VZW WS server to your Treo can range from a low of 15 seconds to 10 minutes or more; this is a VZW server capacity and/or network design issue. I have had my Treo for approx. 8 days, and the sync times have been greatly reduced even in that small period. The time the servers seem to slow down the most is b/w 3pm 5pm EST. Other than that, you will get PUSH email emulation that rivals, if not beats, BB. I know this as I have been a BB user for 4 years on Cingular's mobitex data network. I switched for many reasons, but primarily for the better network coverage with VZW and the Treo 600!
    I think I know the answer to this question (no), but I wanted to make sure.

I have a home network with a dedicated server that contains all of my important data as well as my running outlook. This is just the standalone outlook and it is *not* running as an exchange server. Is it still possible to push email/contacts/etc to my phone this way or do I need to be running an exchange server?