1.    #1  
    Ok, so now that my issue with WS not working is past, I wanted to find out what versions of WS people are running. Some people might not be aware that there are updates that have been made. What these updates actually DO is beyond me, but hey, it's gotta be something good, right......?!?! yeah, right!

Anyway, for comparison purposes, here is my version info:

Palm WS application:
    Mobile Suite Version 5.5.2.52
    Wireless Sync Version 5.5.2.52
    FileSync Version 5.5.2.52
    SharedLog Version 5.5.2.52

Windows PC Monitor application:
    Version 5.5
    Monitor.exe Version 5.5.2.52
    ClientFW.dll Version 5.5.2.52
    CommunicationsServer.dll Version 5.5.2.52
    PortalOutlookTranslator.dll Version 5.5.2.52
    EmNPim.dll Version 5.5.2.52
    PortalCore.dll Version 5.5.2.52

I know that in the past, not all my version numbers were the same for the various application.

Hope this is helpful.
    how do you know what versions of stuff are running/ i have a love hate with the WS app. it seems to stop pushing, or delays pushing for long stretches of time? The desktop does its job, but the "push" server seems spotty. same experience
    My software is probably old and I don't know what is with the commas instead of decimals.

Palm WS application:
    Mobile Suite Version 5,5,2.8
    Wireless Sync Version 5,5.2,8
    FileSync Version 5,5,2,8
    SharedLog Version 5,5,2,8

Windows PC Monitor application:
    Version 5.5
    Monitor.exe Version 5,5,2,8
    ClientFW.dll Version 5,5,2,8
    CommunicationsServer.dll Version 5,5,2,8
    LotusNotesTranslator.dll Version 5,5,2,7
    PortalOutlookTranslator.dll Version 5,5,2,7
    EmNPim.dll Version 5,5,2,7
    PortalCore.dll Version 5,5,2,7

I'm afraid to reload anything since right now it does work -- sort of. I'm getting an error on the WS portion of a Hotsync now but Wirelessly syncing works as does the PC Monitor. *shrug*
    Well I have another version, and I have commas too. I wonder how many different versions there are out there.

Mobile Suite Version: 5,5,2,41
    Wireless Sync Version: 5,5,2,9
    FileSync Version: 5,5,2,9
    SharedLog Version: 5,5,2,9
  5.    #5  
    Nothing surprising there. I just put periods instead of commas for ease of reference. Mine actually shows commas just like everyone else's.

Sorry if that caused a little confusion.

Keep posting!!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Steve -

I have the same version of WS running on both the desktop and the treo. Anytime a software update is posted by VZW, hopefully someone can post that the update is available, and we can just reinstall via the "software update" choice in "configure account". This shouldn't be too painful, all you probably need to do is reinstall the software on your desktop, and then hot-sync. It is probably critical to keep the most recent updates to get the best responsiveness out of VZW's network.

I have worked in and around the wireless industry for 10+ years and at the end of the day, VZW has the best domestic wireless product by a long shot. As they are committed to VZW WS (the marketing $ they are spending through both direct and indirect channels is signficant) they WILL make this product work seamlessly. VZW does not target a market for anything other than the #1 position - and they know that in the wireless industry, their technology needs to #1 in each of these areas.

So as the VZW WS product is just few months old, I think it is very reasonable to expect that by year end, network latency and/or other configuration issues will be resolved.
    Just downloaded latest after my workstation croaked and noticed that there is no Hotsync conduit. Called VZW and got 2 clueless reps (one sent me to Palm Tech Support ). I finally got a supervisor and I asked him if VZW pulled out the conduit. I'd heard several comments from more knowledgeable reps that we should only sync over the air and not on the workstation. He said that he would check and get back.

Your inclinations were correct. I do have verification that the Wireless Sync Conduit has in fact been removed from Wireless Sync. Apparently this was causing some problems on some devices, mainly the Treo 600. I apologize for the delayed response.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Huisman
    Jeff.Huisman@us.wdsglobal.com
    Technical Supervisor/Team Lead
    WDS VZW Center

He also said that I knew more about their product than most of his reps.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    He also said that I knew more about their product than most of his reps.
    I'm not surprised!

That's pretty wild that they pulled the hotsync conduit. I wonder if they plan on updating it or simply keeping it out? Sounds permanent.
    Wish we had a list of bug fixes.
    Palm WS application:
    Mobile Suite Version 5.5.2.72
    Wireless Sync Version 5.5.2.72
    FileSync Version 5.5.2.72
    SharedLog Version 5.5.2.72

Windows PC Monitor application (running on an old W2K system):
    Version 5.5
    Monitor.exe Version 5.5.2.64
    ClientFW.dll Version 5.5.2.64
    CommunicationsServer.dll Version 5.5.2.72
    PortalOutlookTranslator.dll Version 5.5.2.64
    EmNPim.dll Version 5.5.2.64
    PortalCore.dll Version 5.5.2.64
    BTW, it looks like the conduit is back.
    Here's my situation and I want to see if anyone can help me:

I have a PC at work and a PC at home, both using Outlook. My work PC reads email from my corporate Exchange server and my home PC from a personal POP3 account. For years (since I had a Palm V) I've always did a sync to both thus always keeping my home Outlook, work Outlook, and device the same, as far as calendar, contacts, etc.

Now I'm running WS on my work PC so that I can get my email remotely. This seemed to work great until I started syncing at home. Before if I added a calendar item at home, the next time I was in the office and did a sync, it would get added to my calendar at work. But now if I add something at home, sync it, it gets added to the device, but when I then sync at work, it seems to get confused and often duplicates records.

I did get it working fairly well after cleaning it up but what kept happening was it would delete all "old" items from my calendar (older than 31 days). It would leave it on my Outlook but removed it from the device. I actually like keeping old calendar entries on my device.

So, I uninstalled just the conduit part or WS from my work PC. I could do this b/c I actually have a laptop I sync to that had the conduit, but I have a permanent desktop machine that is running WS and pushing my email to the WS site. I then set my device in Sync and Quick Sync to only sync Mail items.

Ok, so this seems to be working so far, although I haven't been home yet to do a sync so it remains to be seen. The problem is:

1. When I force a sync on the device, it seems to only sync Mail items just like I told it to, but often when it auto syncs, I check the logs and it sync calendar and memos, etc if there were changes. WHY?!?!

2. How do I set it to not auto-sync. I really don't keep the network connection alive, I logon quickly, check some messages and logoff. I'm happy to just sync myself. I hate when it keeps popping up and starts syncing on its own.

Thanks!
    Adam -

1) I have no clue - it should only sync what you ask it to when you force the sync, sorry I can't help you there

2) The WS is designed to push the email to you, only on the Kycera can you set the time interval it checks for messages, etc. If you don't want the push and just check your mail when you want...and you are frustrated with the dublications with syncing on multiple computers that the WS is causing...why not stop using WS, go back to the old way of keeping both computers updated (your Palm V days) and get a email program like VersaMail or SnapperMail that can access email updates via IMAP and POP3 and allows you to set up a schedule for checking your email, or allow you to check it when you care to? I might be wrong, but the idea might solve your frustrations IMO.

Good luck...
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54
    Adam -

2) The WS is designed to push the email to you, only on the Kycera can you set the time interval it checks for messages, etc. If you don't want the push and just check your mail when you want...and you are frustrated with the dublications with syncing on multiple computers that the WS is causing...why not stop using WS, go back to the old way of keeping both computers updated (your Palm V days) and get a email program like VersaMail or SnapperMail that can access email updates via IMAP and POP3 and allows you to set up a schedule for checking your email, or allow you to check it when you care to? I might be wrong, but the idea might solve your frustrations IMO.

Good luck...
    Thanks for the post. I actually considered going the Snapper route but my corporate email doesn't support IMAP, I already tried that with the IT dept. WS seems like the only way.