1.    #1  
    These green and grey arrows are driving me insane. They seem to switch back and forth every minute or so, and once they go green, all phone calls go through to voice mail. Is anyone having similar frequents changes between grey and green, and missing all their important calls?

Verizon tech support keeps saying it is Intellisync who needs to look at this but each time I talk to a rep, they can never get hold of Intellisync.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AOL used to do this on my 300. If I did a soft reset it would stop, you may want to try and see if this happens automatically when the phone turns on, or if it only occurs after a program has run. Certainly if you have some sort of syncing going on that would be the culprit. I would make sure that the settings are not set to sync it too often. I know business connection for sprint can push email to the device so that checks every 5 minutes or so do not have to occur.

good luck

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I think this is a common occurrence with Verizon. You won't want to hear this, but it also chews up your battery pretty quickly. Search for "battery drain" and you should come up with other people who have your problem.
    Are you using Verizon's Wireless Sync? If you are, then that may be the culprit.

If you are not, then check your browser and email program(s), or any other communications software (Verichat, Causerie). They are, more than likely, causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by skikne
    These green and grey arrows are driving me insane. They seem to switch back and forth every minute or so, and once they go green, all phone calls go through to voice mail. Is anyone having similar frequents changes between grey and green, and missing all their important calls?

Verizon tech support keeps saying it is Intellisync who needs to look at this but each time I talk to a rep, they can never get hold of Intellisync.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Are you using Verizon's Wireless Sync? If you are, then that may be the culprit.

If you are not, then check your browser and email program(s), or any other communications software (Verichat, Causerie). They are, more than likely, causing the problem.
    This problem seems to be caused by the way Verizon's network talks to the phone, not application software.

Take a look at this thread for more information.

I think the only thing we can do is continue to complain about how Verizon sold us on "always on" Internet that effectively turns our phones into "always off" phones as far as voice calls are concerned, since the data connection ties up the voice line even when we aren't using it.

(I've got Verizon's "Unlimited" Data plan, but I'd be interested if anyone who's going "pay by the minute" has found their bills over-inflated as a result...)
    I am MOU and I just checked my usage. As of this evening I am at 189 Peak minutes used. Yesterday it was 176. So, a whole whoppin' 13 minutes total.....assuming the system is somewhat accurate. I am 400anytime/unlim N/W. I connect with Snapper several times a day to check and send e-mail via my own server. I have NOT seen my Treo (Going on a month old) connect without my initiating it. It DOES ask me to connect whenever I power up the radio....but I alwasy select "No" and it works fine from then on.

Edit: I just checked MinutesPlus and it reports I have used a total of 223 Peak minutes.....but I started using that mid-cycle and I think I have the wrong date in there.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rydot
    This problem seems to be caused by the way Verizon's network talks to the phone, not application software.

Take a look at this thread for more information.

I think the only thing we can do is continue to complain about how Verizon sold us on "always on" Internet that effectively turns our phones into "always off" phones as far as voice calls are concerned, since the data connection ties up the voice line even when we aren't using it.

(I've got Verizon's "Unlimited" Data plan, but I'd be interested if anyone who's going "pay by the minute" has found their bills over-inflated as a result...)
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I am using Wireless Sync and I am sure that this is part of the problem. I think that the system the way it is set up is absolutely ridiculous. I have done my fair share of complaining and encourage everyone to do the same thing.

If I want avoid all my calls going through to voice mail, is my only alternative to somehow disconnect the "always on" feature of the phone? If so how does one do that, and is my only alternative to then manually connect to check e-mail etc. It then seems like a waste to be paying the $45 monthly charge for unlimited data, right?
    If I want avoid all my calls going through to voice mail, is my only alternative to somehow disconnect the "always on" feature of the phone?
    Yep, it's pretty stupid, especially if you compare it to the comparatively seamless operation of Sprint CDMA Phones and the even more seamless GPRS behavior.

As for me, no other provider (I used to have a GSM/GPRS Treo600) could provide reliable coverage where I live; Verizon *does* have excellent coverage throughout Southern California.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rydot
    Yep, it's pretty stupid, especially if you compare it to the comparatively seamless operation of Sprint CDMA Phones and the even more seamless GPRS behavior.

As for me, no other provider (I used to have a GSM/GPRS Treo600) could provide reliable coverage where I live; Verizon *does* have excellent coverage throughout Southern California.
    I too am in Socal, actually Los Angeles, and that is the only reason why I have not sold the phone on Ebay and switched carriers......
    If I want avoid all my calls going through to voice mail, is my only alternative to somehow disconnect the "always on" feature of the phone? If so how does one do that, and is my only alternative to then manually connect to check e-mail etc. It then seems like a waste to be paying the $45 monthly charge for unlimited data, right?
    I have unlimited data also and VZW has a tacky implementation, IMO. It is what it is though. I'm open to other providers but no other has an optimal solution for me -- yet.

You might want to invest in Treo600 Connection Manager and set it to disconnect in 30 seconds or so. You can select which apps for it to be disabled (e.g. Web, Wireless Sync, Snappermail). It results in fewer calls going into VM and longer battery life. Even with this software, WS works without you having to manually connect. WS pops on and dials up when it needs to and then it disconnects. Snappermail will do the same if you have that enabled.
    TREOHELPER. It's free and does the same thing.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Skikne -

You would think that VZW would have documented in either the manual or website as to the difference b/w bars of coverage with no arrows, grey arrows or green arrows. From firsthand use, my best guess as to why your fone calls go to voice mail when you have green arrows is that you have an internet application open, in which case calls will not come through and are diverted to voicemail. This may be happening if you are surfing the web and then you go back to the main menu without disconnecting directly in the web browser (Menu>Disconnect).

The green arrows mean that you have an active internet service connection (either web or VZW WS). Grey arrows mean that VZW WS is active (ie. you can have emails pushed to the Treo) but you currently don't have an internet connection. No arrows mean that VZW WS is inactive. If you are live on the web or in the midst of a wireless sync, you can't get fone calls, thus the voicemail redirect. The important difference is that when a wireless sync ends, the internet connection is automatically terminated, whereas when you surf the web you must manually terminate the connection. The only other way to terminate a web connection is to make an outgoing call while u r surfing, in which case the web connection is terminated as soon as you hit send to commence the call.

Hope this helps.
    Do you receive many emails? It seems that the more emails you receive the more pushes the device is going to receive which means the data connection will be tied up more often, wouldn't it?