Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I am looking to purchase a VZW Treo and manage our office's email with the "Workgroup" install vis-a-vis Microsoft Exchanger Server/Outlook 2000. My question is, do emails push out to the Treo instaneously upon receipt with Exchange server, or is there a delay? I have heard from IT guy that this is not actually push techonology (like Blackberry BEZ server), but the Treo's are automatically programmed to pull down from the server every 5 minutes. As we want the same push functionality as with our current Blackberry Enterprise server, this would not work for us.

Any answers for this newbie would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
    its not set for every five minutes. It completely pushed based on when there is a change in outlook. As far as how long it takes, it sometimes varies, but many times, the delivery is truly quicker than my BB ith BES. I have them both side to side, and I would say its about 50-50 as far as which delivery is faster.

Plus VZW is consistently updating it to make it more efficient. It is using the BB BES as its model for service and its close to being there today.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    its not set for every five minutes. It completely pushed based on when there is a change in outlook. As far as how long it takes, it sometimes varies, but many times, the delivery is truly quicker than my BB ith BES. I have them both side to side, and I would say its about 50-50 as far as which delivery is faster.

Plus VZW is consistently updating it to make it more efficient. It is using the BB BES as its model for service and its close to being there today.
    Thanx for the quick feedback. It sounds like you are very pleased and the push technology that I am looking for will be there. Two other question's if u don't mind:

1) I have seem posts on other boards where people have complained about getting charged for extra MOU after receiving emails on vzw 600's. I take it that if I am using the unlimited national data and internet plan, this will be a non-issue as the treo is always on to receive emails.

2) Are you getting charged for web-browsing, or is it just being billed on the data plan only?

Thanks again.