1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I recently bought an unlocked Treo 600 and I am having a lot of trouble finding a place that sells Verizon SIMs for it. All the Verizon stores I've been to tell me they don't sell them. Some of them recommended that I try online at palmone or bestbuy but neither of these places sells Verizon SIM cards. Has anyone been successful in buying a Verizon SIM card for a Treo 600? If not, any ideas?
    Thank you,
    vroma
    It sounds like you bought a GSM treo rather than a CDMA treo.

You must have a CDMA phone to use Verizon, and CDMA phones in the US do not accept SIM cards, although that is changing in other parts of the world. So, if your treo has a SIM slot, you have the wrong kind of treo.

Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by vroma
    Hi,
    I recently bought an unlocked Treo 600 and I am having a lot of trouble finding a place that sells Verizon SIMs for it. All the Verizon stores I've been to tell me they don't sell them. Some of them recommended that I try online at palmone or bestbuy but neither of these places sells Verizon SIM cards. Has anyone been successful in buying a Verizon SIM card for a Treo 600? If not, any ideas?
    Thank you,
    vroma

Are you talking about a SIM card to use the phone on Verizon Wireless or a Memory Card? If a Verizon store is telling you to buy a card from Online or BestBuy there taking about a Memory SD card. If your looking for a SIM card to activate the Treo on VZW then you have the wrong version of the TREO.
    Hey guys and gals..
    We have Sim chips in Canada.. It is really great to have as you can store tele. numbers on it. Acts like a little Hard drive...

kev69
    SIM chips are GSM technology....what we have here is a mixup on technologies. vroma has a GSM phone he's trying to operate on CDMA carrier....it won't work like that.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  6.    #6  
    Well that's a nasty surprise. So, basically, if you buy an unlocked treo 600, you can't use Verizon on it. Any other providers you recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by vroma
    Well that's a nasty surprise. So, basically, if you buy an unlocked treo 600, you can't use Verizon on it. Any other providers you recommend?
    Happy to recommend T-Mobile, but AT&T and Cingular also use GSM technology.
    If you buy an unlocked Treo 600 you can use any carrier operating on the corresponding technology. Or else if you bought a locked Treo 600 it would operate on one and only one carrier. For example, your unlocked Treo 600 will work on ANY GSM provider, but not CDMA, because your phone only works on GSM whether unlocked or not. This as opposed to Joe Schmoe's locked Treo 600 which is bound to one carrier of the same technology (i.e. GSM phone with GSM provider and CDMA phone with CDMA provider). In the U.S. your options for GSM are: AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Cingular.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, I guess I'm going with Cingular. Just out of curiosity, is GSM vs. CDMA just a software thing or are the phones actually different?
    CDMA and GSM are two different technologies used for mobile phones (radios are different). Others are TDMA and the old analog AMPS...
    --
    Brent Haag