1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a Treo 600 because I need to have my contacts within easy reach 24/7 and many of the people I'm in contact with reach me through email as much as they do via phone.

I use IMAP to get email delivered to me. I don't need the Treo to wirelessly sync info with my desktop computer (I'll do that with a cable).

What I'm confused about is how email usage is calculated for the companies -- currently I'm with Verizon, and I'm looking over the data plans. Now, from what I understand, I can't use minutes or wireless web access for my email purposes. I have to use one of the PDA/Smartphone data plans ($24.99 for the 5 MB plan, $44.99 for the unlimited plan), correct?

Now, if I moved to Sprint, would I be in same boat for email service on the Treo? Could I use Vision services to check my email, or would I have to go with the laptop/PDA data plans they have?

Thanks for any help you guys can give on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerboy
    Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a Treo 600 because I need to have my contacts within easy reach 24/7 and many of the people I'm in contact with reach me through email as much as they do via phone.

I use IMAP to get email delivered to me. I don't need the Treo to wirelessly sync info with my desktop computer (I'll do that with a cable).

What I'm confused about is how email usage is calculated for the companies -- currently I'm with Verizon, and I'm looking over the data plans. Now, from what I understand, I can't use minutes or wireless web access for my email purposes. I have to use one of the PDA/Smartphone data plans ($24.99 for the 5 MB plan, $44.99 for the unlimited plan), correct?

Now, if I moved to Sprint, would I be in same boat for email service on the Treo? Could I use Vision services to check my email, or would I have to go with the laptop/PDA data plans they have?

Thanks for any help you guys can give on this.

Sprint Vision is $15 a month for the Treo 600, unlimited service, and I do all my e-mail that way (currently using SnapperMail, and playing around with Chatter). Both do IMAP. There are other email programs that do IMAP as well.

Anyway, I think the answer you are looking for is no, you don't use the laptop/PDA data plans from Sprint (unless they've changed the rules).