1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have been encountering a significant amount of billing errors related to my sprint PCS account. I have been a customer of good standing with the company for over two years. I have been working with the customer service people for several months to correct the problems but I have reached the end of my rope. I have decided to move forward with the beginnings of a law suit. Based on the discussions that I have had with the customer service group, the issues at Sprint are systemic. I would like to ask that anyone else that is having billing problems with Sprint please contact me at cfsully@yahoo.com so that we can co-ordinate efforts on a law suit.

Thanks,

Chris
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    Chris - sorry to hear that. I've not had any problems with Sprint billing. I'm assuming you've already tried going through Executive Services and the Retention groups?

FWIW - check out a few of the threads from the Verizon folks. $1300+ bills per month for their screw-ups. And people say Sprint CSR's are bad!!! HAHAHA!
    I was on the phone with Sprint for a bad bill after they just updated their system. Put my add-a-phone on a per-minute plan. Hope they get it fixed. I don't see the utility of a class action for an hour of my time. $h!+ happens. Now if it starts happening every bill, then "I'll be back!"
  4.    #4  
    That is what started the problem that I had. It started with my add a phone being charged for per minute usage. Then when I called in, I thought they were going to credit me back. I did receive a credit for some of the money, but not all. A word of caution, if you do not get it while your on the phone with the rep, you will not get it. The supervisor declined the additional refund.

When they supposedly corrected the root of the problem, they just created another problem. They then started to charge me for the add a phone at $20/mo. Given my plan, I am supposed to get the first add a phone free. Then when they supposedly corrected that problem, I then was being charged for vision service on that phone. I again was given only a partial credit and the supervisor declined to credit the remaining balance.

This now makes four times that I have had them supposedly correct the root cause of the problem. Each time, the billing arror was their fault. Each time I was not credited the full amount of the error. This is reflective of their customer service policy to essentially dissuade their customers from requesting refunds. This is a breach of my contract with them as far as I am concerned and it amounts to them stealing from me.

I certainly hope you have better luck with their "credits" and "corrections" to your problem. Given the systemic nature of this problem, I know I am not alone, I would like to find other people that are having a problem similar to mine so that we can force Sprint to face this issue.

Chris
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by cfsully
    Hello,

I have been encountering a significant amount of billing errors related to my sprint PCS account. I have been a customer of good standing with the company for over two years. I have been working with the customer service people for several months to correct the problems but I have reached the end of my rope. I have decided to move forward with the beginnings of a law suit. Based on the discussions that I have had with the customer service group, the issues at Sprint are systemic. I would like to ask that anyone else that is having billing problems with Sprint please contact me at cfsully@yahoo.com so that we can co-ordinate efforts on a law suit.

Thanks,

Chris
    i will be thinking of doing that too...

actually what happend is, im a very great customer of sprint piece of crap sevice i mean pcs since 5 yeras... day before yesterday suddenly my phone stop working and i was getting the message "your account has been suspended" i was consufused what the hell is this, i monthly pay through auto-payment through my credit card.. however the services i recevied was very very very bad and i should say that sprint will go down due to some wired people working.....

they hooked me the bill of $162. its long story but still im thinking of complaining to some execute or something..

when the spl rep talk to me she said thats the "system error" that do everthing ups and down...

if you really wanna complain then count me also.
    A little bit of cynicism, dont mind me: How many class-action lawsuit threads have we had in these forums? countless. how many have actually gone through with it? none. Why? no one supported them.

Now a bit of repitition, don't mind this either: No matter how angry you feel about Sprint and billing problems and data services and god knows what else, the fact of the matter is that out of the millions of customers who have a contract with Sprint, only a small handful recieve these problems. Now with such a small number Sprint can easily say that any problem was corrected in an effecient and timely manner and be done with it. Now if you can get, say, a million people to do this with you, and manage to win, then the lawyer gets the glory, millions of dollars, so on so forth. And you get what, two cents in the mail. What're you gonna do with that two cents? Pay your Sprint bill? there you go, your earnings go back to Sprint. And as for the "Oh we sent a message" bit, Sprint doesn't give a crap about that stuff. They are capitalist businessmen they will make that money back in a year or less.

Now the helpful part: I've thrown in my two cents. However if you feel this is neccesary then by all means go right ahead. This is not a flame, just shedding a bit of light based on experience. You could always keep a record of these mistakes and use it against Sprint when it comes time to renew your contract. Who knows what kind of discounts you can mooch off of them with records like those. IMHO, this is the best way to solve your problems.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I oppose any cynicism; it is naive and pessimistic. But regardless of that, it is up to the court to decide if your case is frivolous or not, and it depends on the lawyer as to what fees will be subtracted from any settlement.

Obviously, you'd want to negotiate with a lawyer that only took a reasonable share of the winnings and this would all be done before hand.

Furthermore, if the errors sprint made on your bill are significant, then I can't see how a judge would declare you the winner and then order a settlement that does not compensate for sprint's error. For example, if sprint charged you an extra $100 on your bill, and roughly the same for a million other people, the settlement would be around $100 million! I don't understand where "SprintTreo600" gets this "2 cents in the mail" figure.

It is also a poor assumption to think that the money will simply go back to sprint making them the ultimate victor. It is for matters like these, that settlements go higher than simply equal compensation for monetary loses. In other words, your time and effort is of value and so it is reasonable to expect a settlement that reflects that. Besides, when a class action suit like this happens, the stock of sprint goes down, and the company can lose some money. They do fear and respect the courts, and they certainly should respect their customers.

The civil courts have been set up specifically for matters such as this. If you have been wronged, if they overcharged, and if other people are in a similar bind, then by all means, a suit is necessary and warranted.

In fact, if you alone have been wrong, a suit is still warranted. The fact remains; you have been wronged and deserve compensation. If phone calls and attempts to correct these wrongs fail, then taking this matter to the court is the next rational course of action.
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard

In fact, if you alone have been wrong, a suit is still warranted. The fact remains; you have been wronged and deserve compensation. If phone calls and attempts to correct these wrongs fail, then taking this matter to the court is the next rational course of action.
    While those are good points, I think the main point made in above posts is quite clear - "Good luck finding the rest of the 'class'." If these billing errors were pervasive througout Sprint's system, you can bet there would be a lot more buzz about it. It seems, though, that the billing errors affect the minority of users, and as such, this would not qualify as a "class-action", but could be addressed as a single individual lawsuit per your suggestion above.
    I believe that in the Sprint contract most peeps signs there is a clause saying that you agree to "mediation", and not a lawsuit in the event such a situation should arise. I believe a class action suit is a way around this.
    Does your State have a simplified small claims court process? Or a consumer advocate office? There often are far simpler ways of getting things straightened out than a class action suit. Example, I filed claim for reimbursement of repair costs on a lousy RCA TV after class action law suit had already been settled - took several years.. Six months later I'm still waiting for a check. Just showing a small claims filing will often get immediate resolution. Think about alternatives.
    Nokia 6340+(M100-> M130)->Treo600->Treo680