1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed a big increase in dropped calls, poor sound quality and other problems with the Sprint network recently ?. We have a business account with 7 phones of all types... and all lines are experiencing constant problems. It is the worst I have ever seen in 4 years of service Sprint... is anyone having similar problems ?
    Where are you located?
    I have had the same problem in Boston. I have four phones, and all of them have had worse service than ever before. I have plenty of dropped calls when I didn't have any before and my signal sucks. I told Sprint about it and they said a tower could be down, which is BS because towers don't stay down for two months.
    Service is fine here in Alabama. I've been to Maine, Boston, Providence, Hartford, NYC, Norfolk, Atlanta, and all up & down I-81 & I-85 in the past two months. Service was fine there too. I haven't dropped a call in almost a year, it's always on the other end. I've had Sprint for over 5 years, so maybe I have low expectations, since before this 2.5G upgrade the VoIP was BAD BAD BAD! Now things are (relatively) much better.

The problem I've been having with Sprint is their billing. They recently "upgraded" their billing system, and entered my add-a-phone as a Per-airtime phone, even though I have the new Fair&Balanced plan. (I know that's not the real name...) So anyway, the Add-a-phone comes in with a $50 bill of its own! I spent about an hour on hold trying to have them square it away.

Moral of the story - cell phone technology is still in beta, as is Sprint's new billing computer. Check your bills!
    -----------
    http://www.rezonate.com/walkabout/whatsonmytreo600.html
    Last edited by ebeale; 09/03/2004 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Where are you located?
    I have had the same problem in Boston. I have four phones, and all of them have had worse service than ever before. I have plenty of dropped calls when I didn't have any before and my signal sucks. I told Sprint about it and they said a tower could be down, which is BS because towers don't stay down for two months.
    Where are you located is a good question. I've noticed more dropped calls, lost network signal (more often, but only ever for a few seconds), and lowered signal in my area within the last couple months. My Treo seems to be fairing better than 2 8100's and a sammy 620? -all on different accounts. I was wondering if it had anything to do with testing and the beginnings of upgrades for EV-DO, but I am in an affiliate market. I would think they would be dragging their feet a bit, even if they are the strongest of the affiliates (Alamosa.)

I thought I noticed an increase in comments such as this, so I eavesdropped on the Verizon folks. They seemed to be saying the same thing. Of course, none of this is scientific and only very casual observation. Still, both companies are working on upgrading to EV-DO in various markets, and users have expressed issues with the network when such upgrades are taking place.

I guess I took a long time to say I really don't know If it goes on much longer, I think I'll visit my local store and ask. Those people can be brutally honest sometimes.