Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFehr
    I have my screen set for auto-off in 3 minutes, and BatteryDr to shut down the radio 1 minute after power-off. (I found it caused a several second lock-up if I set it to turn off on screen off.)
    I think you're probably just seeing the delay/wait while Battery Doctor is killing the data connection. Obviously, if your screen is already off, you don't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFehr
    BatteryDr costs $5. I tried TreoHelper first and though it had the option, I couldn't get it to work reliably. (I still use it for other things, though.) Anecdotally in this forum, TreoHelper appears not to support the radio-off feature on the Treo 600. Also, if you look in the help docs, the # codes for radio green/grey are reversed from what it reads on the Treo.

BatteryDr has been working extremely reliably, though Cheap insurance and worth $5, IMHO! I have my screen set for auto-off in 3 minutes, and BatteryDr to shut down the radio 1 minute after power-off. (I found it caused a several second lock-up if I set it to turn off on screen off.)
    It does, I set my phone to go off at 2:00 in the morning and come back on at 8:00. It's in the General Section however it does not say "radio" It's right under the enable phone on reset option. There is a day and week button. Click on day and set on and off times. I wouldn't trust the help docs, just go into the drop net button and set it there. It works.

Why would you turn your radio when you turn off your phone? How do you recieve incoming calls if your radio is off?
    I don't mean turn the phone off, just kill the data connection; I used the wrong terminology, sorry. I wanted Treo Helper to automatically kill the data connection after being idle for a few minutes, but it wouldn't. BatteryDr does kill the data connection for me automatically 1 minute after the screen is turned off. I never turn off my radio, even when I'm out of signal area- I'm not sure which is doing it, but one of the programs is making it pretty darned power frugal! My old cell phone would die in about 8 hours of stand-by in the big gaussian cage I work in (normally was good for 48 hours), but my Treo only trickles down about 10% or so

Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    I think you're probably just seeing the delay/wait while Battery Doctor is killing the data connection. Obviously, if your screen is already off, you don't see it.
    Figured that I didn't like that the screen wouldn't turn off right when I wanted to turn it off, but it doesn't bother me much if the screen's off though! Plus, with my viewing habits, there are times I want to turn the screen off and set it aside, then pick it back up soon thereafter and continue. (Going through security checkpoints, for instance)
    Last edited by SteveFehr; 09/25/2004 at 01:00 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12