1.    #1  
    Ok, there have been lots of posts about pricing but I wanted to sum up a few things and see if someone can help me make up my mind. First I'll say that I've been a Verizon customer for many years and think they have the best coverage. I like the in-network calling as almost my entire family and many friends also have Verizon. With that being said:

Verizon:
    Voice plan: $39.99
    Unlimited data plan: $44.99
    I can't justify paying almost $85/mo. for my cell phone plan. They do have the best coverage though.

Sprint:
    Vision: $15
    This seems more reasonable as far as price goes. I've just heard that their coverage is lousy and looking at the map it doesn't look nearly as good as Verizon. I'd have to pay and extra $5 for unlimited digital roaming. They also don't offer free calls to other Sprint customers which will use more of my minutes.

T-mobile:
    Unlimited internet: $19.99
    More reasonable than Verizon. I don't know much about T-mobile, never have had their service.

AT&T and Cingular:
    Don't like them, had them before, lousy.

Should I just dump Verizon and take my number to Sprint? I don't travel very often but when I do I would like it to work. Also if I pay the extra $5 with Sprint to have digital roaming, can I still use data features?

Thanks in advance.
    -Adam
    How much do plan on using data services (email, web, etc)? If it's not much, like me, you can use your calling plan minutes.

I rarely get within 100 minutes of my plan minutes, and that extra 100 minutes is more than ample for the web usage that I do.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    How much do plan on using data services (email, web, etc)? If it's not much, like me, you can use your calling plan minutes.

I rarely get within 100 minutes of my plan minutes, and that extra 100 minutes is more than ample for the web usage that I do.
    I probably won't use it much so I was considering doing that but from the posts I read here there's no real consensus if that's the way the system is supposed to work or if it's just a loophole in Verizon's system right now. I'm assuming that's not the way it's supposed to work and that they will fix it. Some people in certain markets can't get it to work at all unless they have a data plan.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Sprint does offer unlimited PCS to PCS calling as a $5 option. Sprint uses same towers that Verizon does - it depends on coverage in your area. Major metropolitan areas are becoming very Sprint friendly now. I'm surprised Pittsburgh is as good as it is. Middle America is lousy. I also have the roaming feature - it's well worth it for business trips. i just recently upgraded my plan (added a line) and since then i save cost of $15-20 a month (because bill is split in two now).
    i had the $35 300 minute plan, $5 roam, $5 after 7 pm unlimited calling, $15 unlimited vision (unlimited sms is included in my version). I was paying the extraordinarily high PA sales tax for cellular lines, so my total each month was roughly just under $70.

since adding the second line, pcs to pcs is included free and i upgraded to the $40 / 500 minute plan. i'm paying about $49-$54 a month now after taxes (bill is about $108)

sprint also has the try it for 14 days - basically to see if you have good coverage in your area. if you dont mix with sprints coverage you can cancel and not pay the ETF fee.
    cheers
    i am verizon and am very pleased. coverage is second to none. i pay for the data plan as i use wirelesssync to push my work email to me. this is important to me and the service works great so far.the data plan is a bit steap but compared to minutes used its the cheaper option. you cant beat the in feature.
    hope this helps.
    cheers
    well How do you deal with the missed calls? That data connection with wireless sync is pretty active? HAve you got it configured a certain way that keeps it from being an issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    Also if I pay the extra $5 with Sprint to have digital roaming, can I still use data features?
    Thanks in advance.
    -Adam
    You talked about possibly using Sprint as your service provider, and paying the $5.00 per month so that you can roam on Verizon's network.

The $5.00 will allow you to roam on Verizon's network for voice calls, which is cool.
    However, you will not be able to roam on Verizon's network for any data features. When you are roaming, none of the data features will work.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mygcn2
    You talked about possibly using Sprint as your service provider, and paying the $5.00 per month so that you can roam on Verizon's network.

The $5.00 will allow you to roam on Verizon's network for voice calls, which is cool.
    However, you will not be able to roam on Verizon's network for any data features. When you are roaming, none of the data features will work.

I'm thinking I should just stick with Verizon for the coverage and in-network calling but it will end up being expensive. I don't really think I'll use wireless sync much, any email I need to check (personal or business) is available via the web. I'm not on the road that much where I really need to be that up-to-date. I more want it for the wireless internet. If I could just use my minutes and I knew that was a legit Verizon option, I would do that.

Thanks.