1.    #1  
    Well, has anyone else noticed this today?

On a fluke, I happened to look at the details screen while I forcing a sync today and I noticed that the WS app was downloading an application WSUP55280.prc

It went pretty quick; a few minutes tops. I think it was around 250KB or so.

It deposited the file in my UNFILED category, so I ran it. It blinked for about two seconds and that was it. I have no idea what it did. I don't know if there are any enhancements or bug fixes or anything else. I just know it was downloaded and installed.

Anyone else seen this?

As a sidenote, the version of my Wireless Sync software is:

Mobile Suite Version 5.5.2.18
    Wireless Sync 5.5.2.9
    FileSync 5.5.2.9
    SharedLog 5.5.2.9

How does this compare to your version numbers?
    Yes, I received it this morning. I ran the download and the Treo falshed and then reset itself. I have the same versions as you.

Here is what is strange - I could swear that before the "update" the Mobile Suite Version was 5.5.2.19 and now it is .18. Can someone who has not done this latest update check and see their version numbers and post them here.
    Did both a Hotsync and OTA sync. The log says that my software is current:

Wireless Sync 5.5.2.8
    FileSync 5.5.2.8
    SharedLog 5.5.2.8

???
  4.    #4  
    Beryl, the only thing I can think of is that the update is being pushed out in different geographic areas. I'm in NYC. Where are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Did both a Hotsync and OTA sync. The log says that my software is current:

Wireless Sync 5.5.2.8
    FileSync 5.5.2.8
    SharedLog 5.5.2.8

???
    Mine is 5.5.2.18 for all four... hmmm

One thing wireless sync is not doing is notifying me whe a new email is recieved. anyone else having this problem? I have the notification box checked in pref.
    is this just a Verizon feature or what? I have a GSM version with none of those files
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbehringer
    Mine is 5.5.2.18 for all four... hmmm

One thing wireless sync is not doing is notifying me whe a new email is recieved. anyone else having this problem? I have the notification box checked in pref.
    The only thing I can possibly think of is that you are connecting to a Lotus Notes system. But I have no idea why that would matter on the PDA.... odd.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    is this just a Verizon feature or what? I have a GSM version with none of those files
    Yes, Wireless Sync is a feature that Verizon offers.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbehringer
    Sorry I forgot to respond to your PM on this issue.

I'm not sure why the mail app isn't notifying you. Unfortunately, it's not like they give you a lot of options to mess with. On one hand, this is a good thing, because it keeps you out of trouble. On the other hand, when something goes wrong, about your only option is to reinstall the app.
    Steve - I'm in Boulder and you are probably right about the roll-out. We tend to be behind the coasts. I did get a software update earlier in the month though.

About the things that you can or cannot modify. Let me verify something. Are you able to change the setting under Setup-Connection Settings-Connection management? Mine is permanently set as "Hangup connection after sync" but it doesn't seem to do that. VZW wants me to uninstall/reinstall but I don't think that would change it.

I get notified but I don't have the SMS notification turned on. Does anyone have that working? If so, how do you like it?

mbehringer - I use Lotus Notes too. Did you check the release on the Treo using App-Info? That is where I found these app releases (with commas):
    Wireless Sync 5,5,2,8
    FileSync 5,5,2,8
    SharedLog 5,5,2,8

About screen on the Wireless Sync app:
    Mobile Suite Version 5,5,2,18

About screen on the laptop:
    Monitor.exe 5,5,2,8
    ClientFW.dll 5,5,2,8
    CommunicationsServer.dll 5,5,2,8
    LotusNoteTranslator.dll 5,5,2,7
    PortalOutlookTranslator.dll 5,5,2,7
    PortalCore.dll 5,5,2,7
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Steve - I'm in Boulder and you are probably right about the roll-out. We tend to be behind the coasts. I did get a software update earlier in the month though.

About the things that you can or cannot modify. Let me verify something. Are you able to change the setting under Setup-Connection Settings-Connection management? Mine is permanently set as "Hangup connection after sync" but it doesn't seem to do that. VZW wants me to uninstall/reinstall but I don't think that would change it.
    Yes, mine is also permanently set to "Hang up connection after sync". I cannot change it. As for uninstall/reinstall, I tend to agree with you but I don't know that it will hurt either. I had to install (never uninstalled) WS three times in total before everything was where it was supposed to be. Odd, but true.
    I get notified but I don't have the SMS notification turned on. Does anyone have that working? If so, how do you like it?
    I cannot turn on SMS notification either. I think this is a feature that Intellisync makes available (it's commercially available) but that Verizon has decided to override the ability of a user to enable it.
    so does anyone have an idea whether this new update has addressed the "chatter" issue we've all been talking about?