1.    #1  
    I'm on Verizon, got the T600 recently.
    Was able to access email (SnapperMail) and the web, but seemed slow with loading up web pages. I had the store person add the data plan (5MB for $25/mo); though the speed felt like I was just using the "minutes" version of data access.

Went back to the store and had my account looked at, no data plan added.
    So I had it added (again) and confirmed by store person that is was now on my account. It does seem to load up web pages faster....

Question: How can one confirm that data access is via their data plan (2.5g), other than it seems to load up web pages faster? Any settings I can look at to verify that it's using the 2.5g data access instead of just the minutes version, which I think is only around 14.4?

thnx for any tips....still thread searching on this....
    Don't know that there is a way to tell from the phone itself. You can login onto Verizon's online billing feature on the web to see cummulative usage each day and it will show cummulative data usage in megabytes since the last billing statement if the plan is activated. If not, it will only show minutes used. (as I found out when they forgot to activate my data plan for the first few days).
  3.    #3  
    Ah, I found a solution.
    I downloaded PdaNet from http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/ to connect my notebook to the T600. Seamless and great app! Trial version available. I'm sold for $34!

When connected, my notebook's system tray icon for the wireless connection shows 145.0 kpbs. What's also a plus is the T600's screen, while running PdaNet also shows the kbytes received and sent.

... very noticeable difference with the 14.4 connection with the QNC/minutes off you plan connection ...
    There shouldn't be a difference in NA speed at all between plans, just in the billing. I haven't at least; they're all slow!
  5.    #5  
    I haven't experienced this to be the case.

With VZW's QNC connection via it's Mobile Link app, I got 14.4 kpbs at best.
    With the Data Plan on 1xRTT, my notebook connected to the Treo 600 via PdaNet says its 144kpbs and does appear to be much faster.

On the T600 via Blazer and on VZW's Data Plan, I went to http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/ and tested my speed, which was 98kpbs.

Overall, I've experienced significant increases in speed with downloading emails (SnapperMail) and loading up web pages with the Data Plan, compared to just accessing the "slower/minutes off plan" prior to signing on with a Data Plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by fugu
    I haven't experienced this to be the case.

With the Data Plan on 1xRTT, my notebook connected to the Treo 600 via PdaNet says its 144kpbs and does appear to be much faster.

On the T600 via Blazer and on VZW's Data Plan, I went to http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/ and tested my speed, which was 98kpbs.

Overall, I've experienced significant increases in speed with downloading emails (SnapperMail) and loading up web pages with the Data Plan, compared to just accessing the "slower/minutes off plan" prior to signing on with a Data Plan.

Just did mine and I got 121.7 KBPS, 1 meg file in 1.1 minutes. May be related to geography. That is definately faster than QNC.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbehringer
    Just did mine and I got 121.7 KBPS, 1 meg file in 1.1 minutes. May be related to geography. That is definately faster than QNC.
    96.1 Kbps for me. Damn, that's sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fugu
    That's the problem right there- QNC *is* 14.4kbps at the most, but there is absolutely no reason anyone on VZW should be using QNC when National Access is free too. National Access - Minutes of Use is the exact same National Access plan you get with a National Access- PDA Unlimited plan. I switched this morning from my unlimited plan to NA-MOU (by all indications, I get to keep the $100 discount anyhow!) Now, my speed was never all that fast with the unlimited plan, and the coverage in my house is spotty (NA speed varies with signal strength, btw) and the bandwidth test confirmed 28.8 speeds, which is slow, but decidedly faster than 14.4! Edit: Ran the bandwidthplace benchmark, and scored 111.7kbps In practice, I've never seen a page load that fast. 28.8 seems to be closer to the mark for general browsing.

So if you're looking for proof- NA-MOU user here with greater than 14.4 speeds.