1.    #1  
    I had a radio problem with my Treo600. It used to drop my calls randomly. After getting it diagnosed and talking to SprintPCS tech over the phone I got a new Treo600 in UPS today.

I want to find out if I got a refurbished or a new Treo. How can I tell? Any ideas?

Thanks
    Chiru
    In the past VZ has put an "R" after the serial number of the phone. Not sure if these procedures are still in effect for VZ or if they conform with Sprint's procedures.

In any case, you might want to just check for that.

Quote Originally Posted by chiru
    I had a radio problem with my Treo600. It used to drop my calls randomly. After getting it diagnosed and talking to SprintPCS tech over the phone I got a new Treo600 in UPS today.

I want to find out if I got a refurbished or a new Treo. How can I tell? Any ideas?

Thanks
    Chiru
    Yep.

I beleive if you go to the default phone screen and hit menu, options, phone information you see the serial number there. Look for a "R" at the end.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Yep.

I beleive if you go to the default phone screen and hit menu, options, phone information you see the serial number there. Look for a "R" at the end.
    Thank you all. If what you are saying is right, I got a new one

-chiru
    Actually, I'm not sure the R at the end of the serial number is valid. However one method reported is to try to determine the build date. Look for the 4 digits after the first 5 letters (after HAAAD). The first digit is the year (3 for 2003, 4 for 2004), the next 2 digits are the week of the year, and the last digit is the day of the week. See what you get and match it up against when you got your replacement.