1.    #1  
    Now that I have been playing with wirlesssync for awhile I have some questions that I don't think I have seen answered here yet. My apologies if they have been. Any help is appreciated.

1. In order to recieve a push when you have recieved a new e-mail do you have to have the enable push box on the treo checked? Or is that box just there to go out and look for information on a regular basis. In other words I want e-mail pushed to me but I don't want the treo connecting on a regular basis for no reason. I am noticing it connecting quite often and not recieving any email.

2. When doing a sync while connected to the computer what settings do I need to have checked for it to sync everything including my contacts. It only seems to want to sync email and claendar.

3. On the top right corner of the the wireless sync software on the treo there is what appears to be a small antenna that will have lines protruding from it sometimes. Does this mean it is in the middle of a sync? When do those lines disappear? They seem to be there sometimes even when it is not syncing.

4. On the website my "push monitor settings" are greyed out. Is taht the way it should be? Why can't I change those settings?

Again, any help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimented
    Now that I have been playing with wirlesssync for awhile I have some questions that I don't think I have seen answered here yet. My apologies if they have been. Any help is appreciated.

1. In order to recieve a push when you have recieved a new e-mail do you have to have the enable push box on the treo checked? Or is that box just there to go out and look for information on a regular basis. In other words I want e-mail pushed to me but I don't want the treo connecting on a regular basis for no reason. I am noticing it connecting quite often and not recieving any email.
    Yes, or so they say. You are supposed to have that option box checked if you wish for the system to push e-mail to your Treo. However, there seem to be more and more 'options' where the user's expectations and the device's functionality are cloudy. For example, in the Wireless Sync application you cannot select "enable ReadySync" for the obstensible reason that ReadSync applies to the Kyocera 7135 only. Yet you can select the "ReadSync Interval" even though it should be useless. Also, you cannot UNselect the "ReadySync when device connects" option. But in short, if you want push functionality, you are supposed to select the "Enable push" option box.

2. When doing a sync while connected to the computer what settings do I need to have checked for it to sync everything including my contacts. It only seems to want to sync email and claendar.
    Check you Wireless Sync application settings and see that the following categories exist in the Sync Settings and SyncExpress Settings:

Address Book
    Date Book
    To Do List
    Memo Pad
    Mail (Inbox)
    Mail (Outbox)
    Mail (Filed)
    Mail (Drafts)
    Personalized Info
    ----------
    Software Updates
    File Backup
    Full Device Backup/Restore

The reason I suggest checking that all those categories are there is that when I first installed WS on my Treo, it did not include all those categories. I don't know why it missed them. But it only included the four "Mail" categories. So I had to reinstall WS again and then the categories were available. After that, make sure all the categories are checked so that it will attempt to syncronize the apps in the Treo with your Outlook client.

3. On the top right corner of the the wireless sync software on the treo there is what appears to be a small antenna that will have lines protruding from it sometimes. Does this mean it is in the middle of a sync? When do those lines disappear? They seem to be there sometimes even when it is not syncing.
    If you select that icon you will see that it is the status indicator for "Network Push". The antenna icon shows the radiating waves when the handset is conducting normal push operations. This should roughly coincide with the time schedule that you select in the Setup -> Connection Settings screen. So for instance, if you have WS set to push data from 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday - Friday and it's 10:00 AM on a Saturday, you should not see those radiating lines on the antenna icon. However, if it were 10:00 AM on a Monday, you should. I have however, seen the radiating lines after 6:00 PM, so I don't know when the system finally recognizes that it's supposed to stop syncing. It's not an exact cutoff in my experience, but it's close.

4. On the website my "push monitor settings" are greyed out. Is taht the way it should be? Why can't I change those settings?
    Yes, that is the default for all of us. I don't know why Verizon mandates that as a default, but they did do it.

HTH