1. jkk
    So now that VZW has introduced the Treo 600, is there anyone who has taken their Sprint to Verizon phone and turned it back into a Sprint phone?
    My employer has purchased full Verizon Treo 600s, so I'm interested in converting my Verizonified Treo 600 back into a Sprint phone so that I can sell it easier.

I can certainly back out some of the steps in the FAQ, but what about the blazer fix, the network sign-on/sign-off logos, etc.

Thanks!

-jkk
    how about has anyone done a verizon phone to sprint? i know a few people who have sprint and want a silver case...
    I am curious as well, just in case. Would applying the Sprint 1.2 Update revert it back to its' original state? It would make sense to backtrack the FAQ to be safe.
  4. jkk
    I've applied the 1.2 Sprint code fix, and that does not revert the phone (actually it was a completely seamless upgrade for me).

-jkk
  5. jkk
    One other thing - I think you can do a ##3282->Dial->Menu and select "Restore" and that will do quite a bit of reconfiguration on your phone, but I haven't tried it yet as I'm still waiting for my new work phone to arrive. If someone has a phone they could try it on, that would be great.

-jkk
    jkk, let us know when you will try to revert it back. Some of us are not willing to try because we still want our phone to still be on Verizon.

oh...btw Compusa are discontinuing the treo serial cables for $10. Snap one up if anyone wants to convert or revert.
  7. jkk
    Ok - here are my layman directions for completing this. I just finished resetting my VZW phone back to a Sprint phone.

- Delete Phone_LOGO.prc or PhoneAQUA_VZW.prc (whichever you installed).
    This can be done through LauncherX. This will make your phone appear as stock again. Delete Blazer_SPCS.prc to delete the Blazer settings. I believe that both of these steps are unnessary if you do the hard reset or factory reset below - but I just wanted to make sure that they were gone.
    - Restore your MSL code using the Kyocera Wireless PST Service Programming. I'm not sure how to get an initial PRL on there.
    - Perform a hard reset - push down on the radio on/off button while pushing the reset button in the back. Release the reset button in the back and wait until the Palm logo shows up. When it does - release the radio on/off button and select "yes" to erase all data. You might want to perform a factory reset as well - you hold down the "k" and "backspace" button and push the reset button on the back. The only difference I can see between these two is that the factory reset causes the phone to power off and not power on until you plug it into a charger and push the radio on/off button. I believe this is so that you can ship the phone. When you do this reset it will smoke all of your network configuration as well.
    - ##3282 -> Menu -> Restore. Enter the original MSL code. This will enable "Sprint Provisioning" network configuration, and also enable (I believe) the PCS Picture service settings and such.
    - Use the Kyocera Software Download tool to reload your backup copy of the NV Data (you did make a backup when you converted it to a VZW phone didn't you??). If not, I'm sure you could just download the NV data like you did before and use a hex editor to reset the banner to the Sprint logo.

- Problems I have yet to resolve:

a. How to get an initial PRL (I assume visit a Sprint store). I'm guessing that the *2 to download a PRL won't work until you get an initial one loaded.
    b. How to set up the network connection again - I assume that you need to connect to Sprint Provisioning to do this, but seeing I don't have Sprint service I can't validate this.
    c. I'm not sure if your Browser settings (Primary HA, Secondary HA) need to be reset or if Sprint Provisioning does this for you. I never changed PCS Picture Service settings, so as I mentioned above I'm not sure if doing the Restore re-enables these. I know for sure after testing that it did enable the sprint Provisioning network connection.

When you're done - it should look like a stock Sprint phone minus the PRL. If you had a Sprint number and PRL, you could use the KWPST to load those and probably finish the configuration.
  8. jkk
    One thing I should note...if you get a VZW phone and want to copy over your Sprint-converted-to-VZW-phone data - DO NOT JUST PERFORM A HOTSYNC. Doing this caused all of my VZW customizations to the Sprint phone to make it a VZW phone to be loaded into my already-provisioned VZW phone. I just needed to do a hard-reset to restore it to a default installation, but I was sweating bullets for a few minutes after I thought I had destroyed a brand new phone about 10 minutes out of it's packaging

-jkk