1.    #1  
    I am a Sprint user, need info for a Verizon friend. I can recieve via Sprint's POP3 and send via their SMTP. I can also receive my Road Runner email via the Road runner pop3 and send road runner via Sprints SMTP. The Versizon tech say my friend can't do this. Not even the verizon email.

Can any one with a Verizon treo600 send and/or recieve email to/from their verizon email address.
    Can anyone send/recieve via a third party like Road runner or Mindspring?

THX in advance! Matt
  2.    #2  
    Update, he said the tech said he can only RECIEVE verizon email, not send via the treo600.
    Please give me the 411 on this, THX
    A Verizon Treo can receive email from any pop3 server such as Bellsouth and Mindspring. The Verizon Treo does not come with an email program so you will have to buy one or use Eudora. You can also send email from the Treo using the Verizon smtp server. I use Snappermail.
    Here is a thread that tells you how its done.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=55822
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Bill!
  6.    #6  
    OK Bill, so VZW treo600 users can send with the VZW SMTP server, but there is no POP3 server to recieve with?
    So you have to have a thrird party mail cleint like fastmail, hotmail or yahoo?
    If you can receive VZW email, what is the POP3 settings?
    I check that link you gave and only see thrid party info and the VZW SMTP stuff.
    Thanks again for your time
    I think I'm losing it. Can someone please post a link to the login screen for Verizon's Wireless Sync? Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    Got it to work. Like people said, you can only send with the VZW email deal.

Outgoing Mail:
    SMTP: smtp.vzwmail.net
    username: myphone#@vzmail.net
    password: My vzw password, which works on the webt site

You can send because they seem to intergrate the send with SMS or something.

Anyway, By friend has it where he can recieve his ROad Runner email on his VZW and send Road Runner email (using the VZW SMTP).

Also, to text from an email account, use xxxxxxxxxx@Vtext.com (x is your 10digitnumber).
    Also he said that a lot of VZW SMS accounts end up locked out at frirst and you have to call Verizion to have it re-enabled. You have to get the right person. I think he had to call twice, the first person didn't know about it.
    I have the retail version of Snapper Mail and the cheaper data plan from Verizon with my new Treo 600, and entering smtp.vzmail.net and username/password for the outgoing smtp server didn't work.

But entering my own ISP's smtp server settings did. I guess Verizon for the Orange County, Southern CA area allows email relaying.

FYI.
    Shouldn't it be smtp.vzwmail.net?

Quote Originally Posted by fugu
    I have the retail version of Snapper Mail and the cheaper data plan from Verizon with my new Treo 600, and entering smtp.vzmail.net and username/password for the outgoing smtp server didn't work.

But entering my own ISP's smtp server settings did. I guess Verizon for the Orange County, Southern CA area allows email relaying.

FYI.