1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed that when a sync operation if happening any incoming phone call goes to VM? Is there a way to disable this? It gets very frustrating to clients and friends when they call multiple times in a row and they cant get thru to me. Any help would be nice.

Also, has anyone figured out how to mark all attachments for download automatically when you receive the email? Once again any help would be very much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce
    Has anyone else noticed that when a sync operation if happening any incoming phone call goes to VM? Is there a way to disable this? It gets very frustrating to clients and friends when they call multiple times in a row and they cant get thru to me. Any help would be nice.
    Unfortunately, no. You can do voice; or you can do data. But you cannot do voice and data simultaneously. If you are actively transferring data (shown by green arrows on the signal strength indicator on some screens), then any incoming calls will go to voicemail. If you see grey arrows, then the data connection is in dormant mode and you will be able to receive voice calls and make outgoing voice calls. There is no way to "disable" this. It's a function of Verizon's CDMA network.

Also, has anyone figured out how to mark all attachments for download automatically when you receive the email? Once again any help would be very much appreciated
    If you go into the Wireless Sync application, click on SYNC SETTINGS on the Menu. Then highlight "Mail (Inbox)" and select the "Settings" button. You will then be in the "Mailbox Settings" screen. Select the "Attachments" button in the lower right-hand corner.

You can then select "Download Attachments" and you can further specify if you only want to download attachment of a certain maximum size and/or of certain files types (.doc, .xls, .rtf).

HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC
    Unfortunately, no. You can do voice; or you can do data. But you cannot do voice and data simultaneously. If you are actively transferring data (shown by green arrows on the signal strength indicator on some screens), then any incoming calls will go to voicemail. If you see grey arrows, then the data connection is in dormant mode and you will be able to receive voice calls and make outgoing voice calls. There is no way to "disable" this. It's a function of Verizon's CDMA network.

If you go into the Wireless Sync application, click on SYNC SETTINGS on the Menu. Then highlight "Mail (Inbox)" and select the "Settings" button. You will then be in the "Mailbox Settings" screen. Select the "Attachments" button in the lower right-hand corner.

You can then select "Download Attachments" and you can further specify if you only want to download attachment of a certain maximum size and/or of certain files types (.doc, .xls, .rtf).

HTH
    This box will notallow me to check it. Any clue why?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Mine won't allow the Download attachments button to be checked either....
    Quote Originally Posted by fventura
    Mine won't allow the Download attachments button to be checked either....
    You know, even though I posted the location of the option box, I never actually tried to select it myself since I didn't want that functionality. But you're right, I can't select it either.

That's not the only option they deny you access to either, there's quite a few and most of them involve the e-mail portion of Wireless Sync.

Nuts....
    Yeah, it is NUTS.

However, I'm testing a GMS Treo600 and AT&T doesn't have anything that comes close to Wireless Sync. They have an "Office Assistant" offering that allows you to view your corporate data from their website using the browser on your phone. (Big whoop.) They charge $5/month and $10 depending on whether or not you want to access attachments and data on your workstation. (I can't believe they are charging for this.)

I'm completely spoiled by this Blackberry-like offering. My company uses Note/Domino so Goodlink is not an option. I need calendar and todo entries as well as email so Chatter is not an option even if I could work around the IMAP thing. Wireless Sync seems to be the best option for me.

I've communicated w/Intellisync on this and they only offer a $7000 package for 25 users that can be used on any Treo 600. (Don't think so.) They are seeing if they have a relationship with my employer which would give me a better deal. If not, I'm back to VZW.
    BERYLLLLLLL!!!!

I can't believe you left us, even for a moment..... I'm VERY disappointed in you....

Get back into the fold....