Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hi,
    since Wednesday I have been unable to load any web page into the eBrowser of my Treo 600. I have tried in several locations, all which provided good connectivity until these last three days. On two occasions I was able to load the Sprint Home page, but could not get beyond 3.0k received. I get time outs and "try again later". etc.

I show good signal strength and sometimes see the green arrows for a brief period. I have no problem making a phone call.

Just before, I tried to load the Sprint Home page on my wife's Sanyo 8200 but that timed out too.

I read a short thread started yesterday about some bizcon disruptions in the NYC area due to the recent thunderstorm, but the last post was this morning.

Anyone else having a similar experience in the area?

Rob
    Long Beach, NY
    Place witty signature here:
    I posted about the Business Connection outage in NYC due to the rain we've been having. I couldn't connect my PC to Sprint's B.C. servers Wednesday afternoon. I called Sprint at about 8 PM that night and they told me the servers were down in NYC due to the rain.

Everything cleared up about an hour later (9 PM) and I was able to access the B.C. servers. I've had no web, SMS or B.C. issues since. Everything seems to be operating fine.

Is it only not working in your home? Where else have you tried in the N.Y.C. area? I was in midtown, Westchester and Englewood NJ today and it was working fine. I'd call Sprint if I were you and see if it's down in your specific area.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    It wasn't working in several locations here in Long Beach, in Far Rockaway, Hewlett and Rockville Centre. I tried my wife's phone in Hewlett.

I'll give them a ring if I cannot connect tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I was getting email (Seven & Snapper) in Central Islip all morning No problem
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks,
    Oddly, I tried email and that worked but I couldn't get any web pages to load, except for 3K of the Sprint Home Page twice. I was able to send one picture to textamerica on Wednesday night but failed several times today.
    Hi: I also had the same problem getting pages to load in Blazer on my Sprint Treo600. Tech Support did tell me that there was some server issue for NY
    I called and they walked me through the steps of updating the device and everything seems to work now.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Still problems for the fourth day here so I called Tech Support.
    He gave a generic response about outages in FL and basic weather conditions causing disruptions in some areas and overburdened networks in other areas. He clearly indicated that it was a network issue (and not my equipment or account) and that it was being resolved. I mentioned your post about "updating the device", and in turn he said to do a soft reset and try again later.

He had received quite a few web browsing calls and at least Sprint admits to the problem, so I'll wait it out!

Rob
    I am posting from my Treo...something I was not able to do for a few days. for the past couple of days I was not able to pull up web pages on my 600. I was however able to receive streaming audio with Pocket Tunes and send/recieve mail with Snapper Mail. I tried it all over Suffolk, Nassau, and I even happened to be in Queens yesterday (14th). I was just getting ready to start removing the programs I installed two days ago, but it seems to have cleared up. It sounds like a bigger problem than they were admitting to becouse of the area it covered.
    Any problems outside of NY?
    Last edited by Islander; 08/15/2004 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Islander
    Any problems outside of NY?
    Same issues here in Ohio since Wednesday. Things seem to be back to normal today. I was in Cleveland visiting with relatives on Friday and wanted to show off my "smartphone". It looked pretty lame when the DATA TIMEOUT screen kept popping up . Strangely, I was able to stream audio via pTunes during this period. Sprint PCS Vision strikes again .

Best,
    EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Same thing here in Boston. One day last week there was a total network outage, and for the past few days I've been unable to access anything in Blazer. Imagine how aggravating that was when I went hiking yesterday and expected to actually be able to access the Web to find out, say, when the trains were running, how to get back home, etc. I should hope they'll give me some kind of service credit, considering I got this particular phone for the sole reason of being able to access the net.