1.    #1  
    I don't know which setting I screwed-up, or if this is a bug of some kind, but now I have around 8 copies of each appt. I have for this week.

Wireless sync seems to be duplicating appts. on me. Anyone know where I config to make sure it doesn't do this?

BTW: Wireless sync, in general, is great. However, they need to consolidate a lot of the config into something that's easier to manage...right now it's distributed across a bunch of places you need to tweak.

Thanks,
    AJ
    After spending so much time with the Verizon customer service on issues, I do know the answer. Basically, the data person told me that with wireless sync, once you get it working, you can no longer sync with Outlook because of this bug (the duping). The guy suggested that I had enter things in manually between my Outlook and my Treo which left me laughing. I promptly uninstalled the Wireless sync since that rendered it useless, and then installed Snappermail instead.
  3.    #3  
    I have to look at Snappermail...is it a "direct replacement" for their Wireless Sync package?

I mean, does it have all the same functionality (i.e. push messages and calendar appts back and forth between my PC, which talks thru my running Outlook)? The big thing I like about Wireless Sync is the "Blackberry-like" push technology from the desktop (my company won't implement the server version).

Thanks,
    AJ
    Quote Originally Posted by aweber1nj
    I have to look at Snappermail...is it a "direct replacement" for their Wireless Sync package?

I mean, does it have all the same functionality (i.e. push messages and calendar appts back and forth between my PC, which talks thru my running Outlook)? The big thing I like about Wireless Sync is the "Blackberry-like" push technology from the desktop (my company won't implement the server version).

Thanks,
    AJ
    No, it just does e-mail. No push e-mail either, but it can receive e-mail on a schedule.
    Visto is another good option that is very reliable.

One tip for deduping in Outlook - create a new view in Outlook that contains the date/time the records in your calendar were created. Then simply look at the ones the synch software created in your last wireless synchs - they should all share the same creations dates, group select them and nuke 'em (making sure any events you created wirelessly that you want to keep are omitted). It's quick and easy.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, I was just over looking at SnapperMail...it has no Push support or desktop support. Since my email is only available behind a firewall, IMAP and POP support does nothing for me.

Time to look at Visto...
    I don't understand the issue. I use Wireless Sync to sync with Outlook (Exchange) and I do not get any duplicates. In fact, it is a great prgram. If my assistant changes an appointment in Outlook, it appears on my Treo. Can it be that you are syncing using both the Palm conduit and the Syncxpress conduit? If so, just disable the Palm conduit (which synxpress did automatically for me on install)
  8.    #8  
    sounds like a plan...which of the ten (exaggeration) programs that the Palm CD installed should I do that thru?

Is that the Chapura settings? Or is it in HotSync Manager or where???

Thanks,
    AJ
    I would right click on the hotsync icon in your taskbar (the right side bottom one) and then click custom. Make sure that sync for calendar and contacts is set to "do nothing." The other thing you might try is uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless sync software, because in my case the wireless sync software disabled alternate syncs during the set-up process.

Let me know how it turns out
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Is this the only way to syncronize with Outlook wirelessly through a firewall...meaning email, calendar, contacts, tasks....(without using VPN...anyone use an IPsec VPN client with Cisco 3000 concentrator?)

I found Inbox Togo Wireless, which works as a client redirector on my corporate Outlook through a firewall, but It only does the email. So far I like it for email, but would like the other aspects synced as well.

I am currently using Tmobile (day2) so don't have access to WS, but may end up with VZ for WS and the CDMA speeds. (If I can get over the cost of the unlimited data on VZ)

http://www.dataviz.com/products/inboxtogo/
    This may not be your problem but when I first started with WS, I had a copy of my datebook on my server (of course) and on my Palm. WS viewed both of these copies as unique entries so that is how I got duplicates. I had to clear out the dups that ended up on my server and sync again. I learned that I if I want to have another copy of the datebook -- say on the Palm Desktop -- I must let my Palm overwrite it everytime to avoid duplications.

HTH.

One thought -- do you have exactly ONE PC Monitor running? If you have more than one (home and office) that could be the culprit.