1.    #1  
    I just purchased my treo600 from Verizon and am awaiting delivery. They told me at the store that no insurance was available since it is a PDA based phone. I called verizon Customer service and they confirmed. Does anyone suggest or tried using another insurance company (since Verizon uses Asurion- a separate company) or can I buy the extended warranty via palmOne? Any suggestions. I would hate to drop this on the floor or lose it or have it 1 year and 1 day and have it stop working.

thanks
    Seth
    This is the first I've heard of this. Has anyone else gotten this response from CS? If it's true, they better refund me for the $5 they're charging me every month!
    Yeah, this sounds bogus too, since they just sold me the insurance! I wonder if it depends on the type of insurance you want- that the $4 hardware plan is a go, but the $5 plan a no-go?
  4.    #4  
    OK, well I called VW customer service again. First I looked on the website verizonwireless.com. There are two insurance companies Lockline and Asurion. It is possible that Asurion does not cover the phones but lockline does. Unfortunately both are closed. So on Monday I will call and find out if lockline will cover the phone since Asurion seems not to. I will keep people posted.
    I'm a Verizon Wireless Customer as well and I have insurance on my Treo 600 with Verizon. I pay $4.99 per month. I'm going to look into this since I'm also being billed for Insurance. Last time i spoke with cust service they told me the Treo was covered. Any one else told differently.
  6.    #6  
    Well everyone was right, I was able to get insurance. However if Verizon tells you that there is no insurance available for your treo, push the issue and if necessary call asurion or lockline, whichever insruance company verzion uses in your area.

www.asurion.com
    www.lockline.com

You can also try and call either company when you get your phone within 7 days of purchase.
    My Treo bill shows I've got Lockline insurance. I've heard they don't cover water damage? What do they cover/not cover? Just to make sure if my treo does get lost/damaged/stolen, I pick the right description of destruction and don't get screwed out of the $4/month I'm paying them...
  8.    #8  
    Steve, If I were you I would go to lockline.com and call them directly to get an exact answer. I am not sure what exactly they cover and don't cover and I am not sure how much the deductible is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblink1975
    OK, well I called VW customer service again. First I looked on the website verizonwireless.com. There are two insurance companies Lockline and Asurion. It is possible that Asurion does not cover the phones but lockline does. Unfortunately both are closed. So on Monday I will call and find out if lockline will cover the phone since Asurion seems not to. I will keep people posted.
    I just called VERIZON CUSTOMER Service. They insured my TREO 600 for $3.99 per month. Don't take the $4.99 plan unless you have lots of accesories that have been bought through Verizon. They have to prove you even own the accesories you may claim (headsets, earsets, cradle, cables, grips etc.) hence you having to purchase them from Verizon. Instead just pay the $3.99 of coverage, Asurion is the conduit for this policy, they do cover the TREO 600! Make sure you buy insurance & not just an extended warranty (won't cover loss, theft, super-natural causes etc.). Adding this phone to homeowners insurance is not a good idea. You may have multiple claims in a year that may risk a whole home's ability to continue insurability! Even our TREO's aren't worth losing homecoverage over! Go 3rd party! Pay the $4 peace of mind, let prayer cover the rest!

We all need a little dirt (life's events) to grow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaynesworld
    I just called VERIZON CUSTOMER Service. They insured my TREO 600 for $3.99 per month. Don't take the $4.99 plan unless you have lots of accesories that have been bought through Verizon. They have to prove you even own the accesories you may claim (headsets, earsets, cradle, cables, grips etc.) hence you having to purchase them from Verizon. Instead just pay the $3.99 of coverage, Asurion is the conduit for this policy, they do cover the TREO 600! Make sure you buy insurance & not just an extended warranty (won't cover loss, theft, super-natural causes etc.). Adding this phone to homeowners insurance is not a good idea. You may have multiple claims in a year that may risk a whole home's ability to continue insurability! Even our TREO's aren't worth losing homecoverage over! Go 3rd party! Pay the $4 peace of mind, let prayer cover the rest!
    Understand that you may not be getting what you think. Many, Many people are extremely unsatisfied with Asurion. I AM ONE. Read the following site for what appears to be hundreds of Asurion horrer stories (Verizon and Asurion insurance scam. - The Jason Calacanis Weblog ... - ... VoIP. Verizon and Asurion insurance scam. ...(calacanis.weblogsinc.com)
    I have/had insurance through Verizon to Asurion and my Treo 600 ended up with a cracked screen.
    Asurion tells me that they are on back order and they do not know when they will be in. It is now one week and no phone/PDA in sight.
    Now, everybody knows that you can order a new Treo 600 and have it shipped over night.
    They obviously are not getting me a new phone and they are bending me over the proverbial ........ waiting to get some refurbished units or something.
    Over the years, Asurion has my money more than enough to pay retail for this new unit and to get lied to and delayed is PHOOOOIEEEE!
    You all shoud consider cancelling your insurance if it is with Asurion. Verizon tells me that the insurance is with different companies depending on which state you are in. Michigan apparently is Asurion and woe is you if you have a Treo 600 with Asurion.
    Last edited by curtarmy; 09/24/2004 at 08:58 AM. Reason: added web site reference
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon