1.    #1  
    I'm sure this has probably been covered but can someone please explain to me how the data connection works?

I just upgraded my account yesterday to add the unlimited data plan, but wonder if I should leave the data connection on all the time or continue to turn it off after i'm finished surfing or checking email etc...

Does the data and phone connections work simultaneously? Or is it just one or the other?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I just need to get it straight in my head.

Thanks,
    Cris...
    If this is a Verizon or Sprint Treo, when the data connection is active, any phone calls go to voicemail.
  3.    #3  
    if i connect using the network preference and am not accessing data is this considered active? Can i receive calls at this point? or do i have to click the disconnect button to now send and receive calls?

Please clarify

and also does it drain the battery more if i leave this data connection always on even if i'm not accessing data?

Thanks,
    Cris...
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    You don't need to disconnect. On the sprint phones their are arrows at the top of the screen. Green means active data and calls go to voicemail. Grey means connected but inactive and you can receive calls. You will use slightly more battery with grey arrows than with no arrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave
    You don't need to disconnect. On the sprint phones their are arrows at the top of the screen. Green means active data and calls go to voicemail. Grey means connected but inactive and you can receive calls. You will use slightly more battery with grey arrows than with no arrows.
    Note for MOU reading this: If you're on MOU, you absolutely have to disconnect, else you're being charged minutes even when the phone is in standby.