1.    #1  
    Will Verizon have this model? I need Bluetooth.

Thanks,
    Ken
    If their past history is any judge then they will not. Verizon appears to have some sort of pathological hatred of Bluetooth.
    They may, but it'll almost surely be several months after everyone else gets it.
    I was talking to someone at a wireless store this week about the upcoming Bluetooth SD card and was told that Verizon would not support it. Sometimes I wonder why I stay with them year after year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakmule
    If their past history is any judge then they will not. Verizon appears to have some sort of pathological hatred of Bluetooth.
    Motorola V710 coming out soon which has Bluetooth. I know some of the capabilities are crippled but it does work with a BT headset.
    Personally, I could care less about BT, I just want a VW Treo with a hi-res screen.
    To confirm everyone's rumors and misleadings:

I called the Sprint store last night (800 number available online) and asked when they would carry the next version of the Treo phone - they informed me that Sprint is calling it the Treo Ace - this is the phone that is rumored to have bluetooth and all the upgrades to the 600 that many have anticipated. The expected timeframe for customer shipment is October.

I then called Verizon which is my current carrier that I have now and asked the same question since they do now have the 600 on their showroom floors. He indicated to me that the next version of the Treo phone that will come out is the 610 - and this phone is the same as the 600, but without the camera - NOT the newer bluetooth enabled one.

As you can see, there are two versions of the newer 600 floating around. As expected, Verizon will *not* be carrying the Ace (newer bluetooth version). This is absolutely typical of Verizon who never carries anything decent and probably will not carry bluetooth for a LONG time. (Hence the messageboards).

Quite frankly I'm sick of Verizon phones. Their service might be more available than Sprint, but I'm ready to hang my Kyocera 7135 for a decent phone. It's so bad, that I will pay to end my contract with Verizon to join Sprint for a decent phone. With this news, there is nothing stopping me from going to Sprint to get the Ace in October.

Whoever carries the bluetooth version of that phone next (Sprint or whoever), I'm getting it. I need reliable functionality over massive phone signals. It's great that Verizon has analog towers everywhere, but if my phone stinks, I won't use it anyway, so what difference does it make?

I really wish Verizon would wake up and start carrying bluetooth pda phones - especially the ACE.
    Last edited by sf_basilix; 08/07/2004 at 09:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix
    To confirm everyone's rumors and misleadings:

I called the Sprint store last night (800 number available online) and asked when they would carry the next version of the Treo phone - they informed me that Sprint is calling it the Treo Ace - this is the phone that is rumored to have bluetooth and all the upgrades to the 600 that many have anticipated. The expected timeframe for customer shipment is October.

I then called Verizon which is my current carrier that I have now and asked the same question since they do now have the 600 on their showroom floors. He indicated to me that the next version of the Treo phone that will come out is the 610 - and this phone is the same as the 600, but without the camera - NOT the newer bluetooth enabled one.

As you can see, there are two versions of the newer 600 floating around. As expected, Verizon will *not* be carrying the Ace (newer bluetooth version). This is absolutely typical of Verizon who never carries anything decent and probably will not carry bluetooth for a LONG time. (Hence the messageboards).

Quite frankly I'm sick of Verizon phones. Their service might be more available than Sprint, but I'm ready to hang my Kyocera 7135 for a decent phone. It's so bad, that I will pay to end my contract with Verizon to join Sprint for a decent phone. With this news, there is nothing stopping me from going to Sprint to get the Ace in October.

Whoever carries the bluetooth version of that phone next (Sprint or whoever), I'm getting it. I need reliable functionality over massive phone signals. It's great that Verizon has analog towers everywhere, but if my phone stinks, I won't use it anyway, so what difference does it make?

I really wish Verizon would wake up and start carrying bluetooth pda phones - especially the ACE.
    Give VW some time, the Ace hasn't even come out on Sprint yet, VW just introed the 600, it's still early.
    I'm sure when VW sees how well the 600 is selling, they will offer the Ace sometime in spring 2005.
    And personally, reception is an issue for me. My dad has Sprint and the call quality is awful, echoes, distortion. VW in my area is the best and what good is the phone if you can't talk to anyone?