Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Verizon store sells the Treo 600 for $449 with two-year contract, $499 with one-year contract. I thought I saw posts claiming $300 purchases.

What's the best source people have found for a Verizon Treo?

THANKS.
    I'm getting mine through our corp rep, so the rate is discounted. But I took the ads for $199 for the AT&T unit via Amazon.com and the $299 for Sprint @ CompUSA to our office manager to see if we could get a better deal since it was so much cheaper. Verizon refused to budge. I couldn't believe they couldn't give me a better deal or throw in some accessories since I'm buying two (one for the wife), but they offered zero. I'm not sure how much our office manager pressed the issue.
    I was able to get a nice deal from my rep. I'm not sure if the discounts are employer based or if VZ gives ALL corps the same deal. I signed up for a one year deal with america's choice and unlimited data to get a $299 phone.

My advice is to push your cor rep. If you are not a business customer then I think getting the T-600 for $300 today might be a pipe dream.
    I got mine for $349 through the business channels with an updated 2 yr K.... I could not use NE2 though
    I got mine for $329; $429 with the B2E discount for a 2-year contract (government employee), and $100 off for the unlimited data package, that I will, of course, cancel right away
    I got mine for $299. $399 is the B2E purchase price for NYC and NYS government employees. Then $100 off for the unlimited data package.

The really nice part is that they only require a one-year contract at that price too.
    I am just a regular consumer (no business discounts) but I was able to purchase one for $309 plus tax. That was using the $449 for 2 year contract deal, plus my new-every-two $100 off, bringing the total down to $349.

Then, the day before this phone was launched I received a coupon in the mail for $40 off a new phone, aceessory, or off my bill. Since you couldn't use the coupon with any other offer I applied it to my bill, and the since phone was charged to my bill at the same time, I effectively got $40 more off the phone bringing the total down to $309.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I paid a total of $319 for mine. Was $419 because I bought using my companys corporate discount, then - $100 for unlimited data that never got added to my account!!!-)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC
    I got mine for $299. $399 is the B2E purchase price for NYC and NYS government employees. Then $100 off for the unlimited data package.

The really nice part is that they only require a one-year contract at that price too.
    I thought you had to have a 2-year agreement to get $100 off for the unlimited data package?
    Paid $209!!! $409 corporate pricing on 2yr contract minus $100 for NE 2 minus $100 for activating unlimited data.

I love this compared to my Palm Vx combined w/ Motorola V60. I do wish there was graffiti option. Sometimes writing is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFehr
    I thought you had to have a 2-year agreement to get $100 off for the unlimited data package?
    Nope.

I got the same deal but I'm not a government employee. Maybe the deal is for the NYC region.

I could have saved an additional $30 if I signed a two year. It's nice to have an option out after one although the likely scenario is that I stay with VZ.
  12.    #12  
    Is the $100 for activating unlimited data (which I would plan to do anyway) something that Verizon reps are generally aware of, or will it involve a negotiating? If the latter, where is the offer described? THANKS.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_darby
    Is the $100 for activating unlimited data (which I would plan to do anyway) something that Verizon reps are generally aware of, or will it involve a negotiating? If the latter, where is the offer described? THANKS.
    My rep knew it right away. She offered it to me if I activated an unlimited data plan. Not sure where the offer is described.
    I keep hearing folks talking about the $100 discount for activating the unlimited data plan. I puchased my Treo a couple weeks ago through Verizon Customer Service (*611) and the rep never mentions this offer. I just got off the phone (5 minutes ago) with VZW CS and the rep was not aware of this offer. I would like to take advantage of it if it's avalible to me, so hear are my questions to those of you who have received the rebate:

Who are your calling to get this offer? Telephone number please.

Can this offer be found on Verizons website, if so what's the link?

Is this offer availible by simply signing up for unlimited data service or are there other requirements like new contract, business customers only, bundled with other services, etc?

Thanks!
    ALL-

My guess is that the $100 unlimited discount is for corporate customers. We (most of us anyway) do not get the New Every Two discount if we use our reps. It appears that the pricing on the consumer and corporate sides are different.

The discount required a new contract for a plan over 39.99 and must include unlimited data.

My rep actually presented the discount to me since he was obviously promoting the 44.99 unlimted plan which is worth more to VZ than giving me 100 off the phone price.
  16. Pft
    What is the new every two discount?
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_darby
    It might be a regional thing; for every person that has gotten it, another has said they weren't allowed to. At the very least, it's offered in the northeast! It's valid for straight B2C users as well as business accounts, so everyone should be eligible

My Rep filled it in as "(RC-97) - $100.00" on my contract, but when I asked her if I could get the details on the loopholes (I wanted to verify I could cancel it right away and still keep the $100), she said the text she had was marked as company-only and she couldn't give me what she had, and that RC-97 was just a reason code she had to put on there, so I don't know if it's specifically for this incentive or not. I believe she referred to it as a "unlimited data plan incentive" or something to that effect, if that helps anyone- she'd never heard of it before I asked for it, but found it almost instantly on her computer computer once I described it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pft
    What is the new every two discount?
    With VZW, every 2 years (a window of 22-28 months IIRC), you're eligible for $100 off your new phone when you sign on for another 2 years

The NE2 and unlimited data plan incentives are mutually exclusive- you can have one or the other, but not both.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFehr
    The NE2 and unlimited data plan incentives are mutually exclusive- you can have one or the other, but not both.
    What you talkin' about Willis? I'm a corp. customer in the Northeast and I got both NE2 and unlimited data plan incentive. $209 was my final price and I didn't even have to ask, my rep offered it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutreo
    What you talkin' about Willis? I'm a corp. customer in the Northeast and I got both NE2 and unlimited data plan incentive. $209 was my final price and I didn't even have to ask, my rep offered it to me.
    You mean anecdotal evidence on the web was wrong? Either that, or your rep wasn't supposed to have given you both? *shrug*. Glad you got the rebates at least!
  20.    #20  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast