Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I just called Verizon's 800-number myself. As an existing consumer customer, I was told I could receive the "Advanced Device Discount" which is $100 off for either the 5MB or unlimited data plan. I am also eligible for $100 for New Every 2. So I got $200 off the $449 price.
  2.    #22  
    I just called, as a consumer, the Verizon Wireless 800-number. I was told that I could take advantage of New Every Two (for which I am eligible) for $100 off PLUS $100 off at point of sale for "Advanced Device Discount" by signing up for the 5MB or unlimited data plan. I am an existing customer.
    I just shot off an e-mail to our Verizon national rep on this. It will be interesting to see what happens since last week they said they could not go lower than $420 even though I was buying two.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutreo
    What you talkin' about Willis? I'm a corp. customer in the Northeast and I got both NE2 and unlimited data plan incentive. $209 was my final price and I didn't even have to ask, my rep offered it to me.
    Consider yourself fortunate because many, including myself, have tried to get both and were unable to do so.

Then again, I paid $299 and have only a 1 year contract so it looks like there is flexibility with regard to pricing.
  5.    #25  
    I attempted to purchase a phone on these terms and was told they could not be combined. I called Verizon again, and spoke to an agent who read from the fine print of the offer. First, she said it was only $50, not $100. And it stated clearly it was not combinable with New Every Two.

It's pretty annoying when you get incorrect information when asking a clear, specific, directed question. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    Consider yourself fortunate because many, including myself, have tried to get both and were unable to do so.

Then again, I paid $299 and have only a 1 year contract so it looks like there is flexibility with regard to pricing.
    Kudos to my rep for not being informed.
    I'm not a biz customer. I have two phones with VZW and pay >$100/mo. I called and got "approved" for an "early upgrade." I guess that means I got the NE2 a year early. End price was $349 with a new 2-year agreement.
    I went to the Verizon store today. I was interested in getting the Treo without a contract, so I'm looking at paying $549.

I asked the rep about the data plan incentive, and he said that I must be signing up for a new contract (he didn't specify if it had to be a 2yr contract) in addition to the data plan in order to get the $100 discount.

Is this true? Or, can I get the $100 data plan incentive without signing a contract?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdchua
    I went to the Verizon store today. I was interested in getting the Treo without a contract, so I'm looking at paying $549.

I asked the rep about the data plan incentive, and he said that I must be signing up for a new contract (he didn't specify if it had to be a 2yr contract) in addition to the data plan in order to get the $100 discount.

Is this true? Or, can I get the $100 data plan incentive without signing a contract?
    I was told that, too, by my rep.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12