1.    #1  
    Anyone heard any thing about this? I received an SMS saying that there would be an upgrade at the end of July and directed me to go to www.sprint.com/bcupgrade to leaern more. The latter URL redirects to:

http://www.sprint.com/business/pages...Connection.jsp

Which reads:

Business Connection Upgrade - Release 6.3.1

NEW! By the end of July, calendar viewing functionality will be available on Palm and Pocket PC clients! Now you will be able to view your Microsoft Exchange Outlook calendar through your client access. You can also accept or decline meeting requests directly from your device. All versions of Business Connection, PE, Network and Server Solutions will have the new calendar functionality.

What's the Benefit?
    View your Outlook appointments directly from your device without the need for sync via cable. Over the Air synchronization automatically updates changes to your calendar, without requiring a cable or cradle. Respond to meeting requests directly from your device improving efficiency and response times. Accepted meetings will be placed on the Business Connection device calendar and will be reflected on the Exchange Calendar upon the next sync.

What is Required of Me?
    A notification will be sent to your handset when the service is available with instructions on how to upgrade your client. Simply follow these instructions to upgrade to the new client over the air. There is no charge for this service upgrade.

If you are not currently receiving Business Connection, or are interested in Wireless Email from Sprint, please consult your PCS representative or visit http://bc.sprintpcs.com to sign up or learn more.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=54489

The end of July has come and gone.

Where's the upgrade?
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 08/02/2004 at 06:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm still waiting...
    Has anybody gotten a status update on this? My Business Connection stoped working on 7/28 and when I called in I was told by the Tier 2 rep that there was a problem with the migration to the new version and they were working on it. That was about a week ago, and it still doesn't work and there has been no update from Sprint. Is anybody else experiencing the same issues?
    I check the web site almost every day. Still nothing new posted.

It's a drag. The showed us the carrot then pulled it away.
    Just talked with Sprint PCS Tech Support. They are wishing the SMS had never gone out because the upgrade, especially the wireless Calendar sync, is not ready. They could give me no info on an expected release date.
    That is typical with Sprint. Anyone who expects anything when they say it will be ready is a fool by this time.. that is all I can say.
    6.3.1 for Personal Edition users has just been posted. Login to https://bc.sprintpcs.com/ and download the new Windows client to your desktop and Palm client to your Treo. You can also update the Treo by selecting Settings/Check for Update... from within the Biz Conn program itself. Mail reading has been improved by having collapsable headers and calendar access has finally arrived.
    You'll also note that there is a download for the 650 and do I dare mention the PPC6601 and a SmartPhone i600... just in case you have multiple devices. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zachleber
    6.3.1 for Personal Edition users has just been posted. Login to https://bc.sprintpcs.com/ and download the new Windows client to your desktop and Palm client to your Treo. You can also update the Treo by selecting Settings/Check for Update... from within the Biz Conn program itself. Mail reading has been improved by having collapsable headers and calendar access has finally arrived.
    Did it yesterday and as SPCS upgrades go, this was seamless. I expected to have to load and generate keys as usual, but no probelms. Maybe it's a bit faster now, but otherwise, some minor upgrades to the program.

Bob Duckworth
    Be aware, the new version requires that you have "System Sounds" in the Palm OS Prefs turned on in order to hear any alerts from BC.

I found out the hard way. I wasn't hearing any of my mail come in and wondered why. When I turned on System Sounds (a waste of battery power), I could then hear alerts from BC.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    So it allows you to view appointments on your desktop, but not enter new ones? Thats pretty stupid.
    There's plenty of banter about this in this thread as well and an alternative way to create an appt:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...rsonal+Edition

Personally I'd rather be able to view the calendar and respond to attendance requests than not have the functionality at all. You have the option to shut it off as well and take back the button if you are Palm Calander centric.

Doing two-way Calendar is not as easy as it seems for those that have had to code all the nuances that can occur based upon the mail server being supported. Even looking at another product, Consilient, it seems they opted for one way sync as well according to their data on their Web Site. I believe there was another commercial product that went one way to start and then followed up with two way later. Even PalmOne has plenty of issues to deal with, do a look up of Duplicate Calendar from their support site for example and you'll see none of these solutions have mastered things from what I can tell. Maybe RIM has? The key in my book is whether the functionality offerred works as advertised and it can be improved from there.

Quote Originally Posted by tomas316
    So it allows you to view appointments on your desktop, but not enter new ones? Thats pretty stupid.
    I upgraded BizConn a few days ago. Since then my phone has spontaneously gone into a reset loop two or three times. Each time I was able to fix it with a hard reset, turn off wireless mode, turn it back on...

Anyone else had this problem? I know there's a faq about the reset loop. Thanks. faq
    Can you describe a bit better about what you refer to as a reset loop?

1. Do you think it is being initiated by a Mail Sync?

2. If you put in ##377 from the phone app what does it say?

3. Is this a Treo 600?

4. What ROM version are you on in your device?

5. What connector were you using (Exchange, IMAP, POP, Domino?)

Quote Originally Posted by barcolounger
    I upgraded BizConn a few days ago. Since then my phone has spontaneously gone into a reset loop two or three times. Each time I was able to fix it with a hard reset, turn off wireless mode, turn it back on...

Anyone else had this problem? I know there's a faq about the reset loop. Thanks. faq
    [QUOTE=MobileGhost]Can you describe a bit better about what you refer to as a reset loop?

I don't know, see 2 below

A reset was caused on
    11/17/04 at 11:53 pm
    while running "Biz Conn":

Fatal Exception

3. Is this a Treo 600?
    yes

Treo600-1.20-SPR Hardware Rev:C

I have two BizConn mail accounts set up, one is IMAP and the other is Exchange.

Thanks for your help.
    Good info. Ok..so you have confirmed for sure that Biz Conn is mis-behaving. Some more questions and further diagnostics.

1. When it gets into this state are you able to bring up the Biz Conn app at all or does the device just keep resetting over and over? I'm trying to understand more about what you referred to as a reset loop? At what point does the device keep resetting?

2. Some other things to check possibly are whether your desktop client may be crashing and thus affecting your sync. Some common debugging techniques can be found here in my post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=slingshot.log

The general technique debug a bit further on your own is to look at the slingshot.log file to start. Look in the slingshot.log file and look for lines like the following... I just do a global search for Exiting.

Wed Oct 22 17:15:52 PDT 2003 (2888-2436): *** Exiting error : 0x00c0000005

You will see this error if the desktop connector is crashing. This is a first start for debugging the problem.

Post the lines (4-5) that surround before and after this statement and that may help diagnose it as well.

Way back in the 6.0.6 days there were a number of "poison" emails (emails it couldn't parse correctly to send, usually spam related) that were causing the desktop to crash but 99% seemed to have been fixed in 6.0.8. This may be the cause but try the steps above first to see if there is any information lurking in the slingshot.log file.

QUOTE=barcolounger]
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    Can you describe a bit better about what you refer to as a reset loop?

I don't know, see 2 below

A reset was caused on
    11/17/04 at 11:53 pm
    while running "Biz Conn":

Fatal Exception

3. Is this a Treo 600?
    yes

Treo600-1.20-SPR Hardware Rev:C

I have two BizConn mail accounts set up, one is IMAP and the other is Exchange.

Thanks for your help.
    Thanks, sorry for the delay responding. This loop has not happened again since my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    Good info. Ok..so you have confirmed for sure that Biz Conn is mis-behaving. Some more questions and further diagnostics.

1. When it gets into this state are you able to bring up the Biz Conn app at all or does the device just keep resetting over and over? I'm trying to understand more about what you referred to as a reset loop? At what point does the device keep resetting?
    I didn't try to bring up any apps in the few seconds between the auto-reboots.

2. Some other things to check possibly are whether your desktop client may be crashing and thus affecting your sync. Some common debugging techniques can be found here in my post:
    Desktop app seems to be running without issue

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=slingshot.log

The general technique debug a bit further on your own is to look at the slingshot.log file to start. Look in the slingshot.log file and look for lines like the following... I just do a global search for Exiting.

Wed Oct 22 17:15:52 PDT 2003 (2888-2436): *** Exiting error : 0x00c0000005

You will see this error if the desktop connector is crashing. This is a first start for debugging the problem.

Post the lines (4-5) that surround before and after this statement and that may help diagnose it as well.

Way back in the 6.0.6 days there were a number of "poison" emails (emails it couldn't parse correctly to send, usually spam related) that were causing the desktop to crash but 99% seemed to have been fixed in 6.0.8. This may be the cause but try the steps above first to see if there is any information lurking in the slingshot.log file.

QUOTE=barcolounger]