1.    #1  
    referencing this thread - http://discussion.brighthand.com/pal...threadid=65177

Can someone clarify this for me?

I thought the $15/mo was a good deal vs VZW's $45/mo. But, if as one poster says, that 15/mo only gives you a "canned" internet (select sites), that turns the tables in VZW's favor.

Can someone give me a 2nd opinion on this?

tia
    If you're referring to this post:

"just got the TREO 600 from Verizon. Did lots of shopping and to the best of my understanding, Sprint's $15/mo package is similar to Verizons Mobile Web--basic connection to limited sites. Not "real" internet access. Sprint doesn't offer unlimited full-internet access--you have to go with one of their MB plans. I believe it is also required for their Business Connection.

I ended up getting Verizon's National Access PDA/Smartphone plan. Unlimited "high-speed" access for $45/mo. So far I'm pretty pleased. I'd say the speed is comparable to standard 56k dial-up--plenty fast for PDA optimized sites."

I beleive the person is a little mis-informed.

Vision gets you to most any internet site and it's all you need to use Business Connection. Business Connection is not included in the $15 per month rate (it's $5 extra per month) but no MB plan is required.
    Business Connection is included in the $15 per month rate if you have the Professional Vision Pack.
    This person quoted by lgreenberg is completely incorrect. Unlimited Vision for $15 a month allows unfettered internet access to basically any and all sites. There are a few I've run across which don't display properly in Blazer, but "basic connection to limited sites" is patently untrue.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    I am under the old pricing standard (unlimited at $10) and have no limitations. There are some sites Blazer cannot render; however, the other browser hits it. So, I also have a problem with the statement regarding limited sites. Ben
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have to confirm the misinformed statement about Sprint PCS Vision yielding "small sites" limitations. While other providers do have these (and other) limitations on data services [for example, T-zones from T-mobile ($10, maybe 5) vs. T-mobile Unlimited Internet ($20)], Sprint created PCS Vision to basically stay ahead (although CDMA data capabilities already exceed those of others). Sprint does, however, constantly place more "limits" on its data plans, as seen in the "old pricing standard" mentioned by bclinger. Even still, the most basic of the current PCS Vision packs (at $15) are unlimited internet access to any sites that can be viewed from your installed browser (although I did read in a thread at MTDN that Sprint may have a hidden top-cap for monthly bandwidth allowance -- something near 3gb, which cannot be reached even if one tried simply using the Treo for Internet connections. Most of these "problems" were seen when using it as a modem for a pc.) N e way, holla atcha bol

(NOTE: I NEVER POST HERE)
    Also, If you are with Sprint and have 200 minutes or more a month, you get FREE unlimited Vision, and FREE Business Connection, and Free add-a-phone, Free mobile to mobile. It has been a great plan for me and the wife...
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    Also, If you are with Sprint and have 200 minutes or more a month, you get FREE unlimited Vision, and FREE Business Connection, and Free add-a-phone, Free mobile to mobile. It has been a great plan for me and the wife...
    Perhaps you meant 2,000?
    Woops - you are correct it is 2000 minutes for $100 month, and then everything else is free.
    LOL....

I read that post and was like, holy crap! 200 minutes equals free Vision. I've been missing out big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    Woops - you are correct it is 2000 minutes for $100 month, and then everything else is free.
    I wonder if this is available for all phones. They charge $30/month for unlimited Vision on Pocket PC phones, compared to $15/month for all other phones, so I'm curious to know if it includes them.
  12.    #12  
    You have to purchase "Vision"?

Am I correct or not - $15/mo gets unltd data.

???
    Yes, you are correct: unlimited data on your phone for $15/month. Under Sprint's TOS, you cannot use your phone as a modem for a laptop, etc.
    Your friend has it backwards. Verizon limits most handset users to the Get it Now & Mobile Web portals for a set fee per month. Data for mobile web uses your plan minutes. Sprint only offers this type of service if you have an ancient 2g handset with no Vision capabilities.

If you have a PDA plan with Verizon you can connect to any IP address and corresponding port that you choose, using the National Access network & a plan like the one mentioned above for 49.00 per month. Sprint Vision offers this same functionalityfor 15.00 per month unlimited.