1.    #1  
    I can't take a camera phone to work, and thus I'm waiting impatiently for the Treo 600 without a camera. Two weeks ago, my rep told me "by the end of the month", but it's the end of the month, and no Treo600WOC...

Anyone have any updated information on when Verizon will carry them?
  2.    #2  
    Answer is, today!
    Same price... I guess I'd be ticked if they actually tried to CHARGE for this POS camera
  4.    #4  
    Yes, it's the same price- I ordered mine yesterday

my rep was supposed to send me the paperwork today to sign, but she didn't, grrrr... That's the price I pay for a B2E discount, I suppose!
    It's on the VZW web site now too.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=1569
    They should charge MORE for the one without the camera; people who really want one will pay the difference. Really though, won't they allow the cameraphone inside the building if the lense is broken?
    ----------------------------------------------
    Proud 2 B a pioneering satellite radio subscriber
    Ai4i is always on the trailing edge of technology
    ----------------------------------------------
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ai4i
    They should charge MORE for the one without the camera; people who really want one will pay the difference. Really though, won't they allow the cameraphone inside the building if the lense is broken?
    Nope. I specifically asked our chief of security what I had to do to bring in a pdaphone (was eyeing the i700 at the time), and asked if I could remove the camera completely, glued it shut with epoxy, removed the lense, even drive a nail straight through it! But was hoping disabling the camera electronically or securing it with tape was perhaps good enough so I could use it outside of work.

He passed it up the chain to his boss in DC- no camera phones allowed PERIOD, no exceptions, no room for slack, not even if I smashed the camera with a 10D nail and filled it in with opaque epoxy. Bastards Thank you Donald Rumsfeld!

A typical corporate office might not be so harsh, though. But if the intent is to prevent covert espionage (even corporate espinage) then temporary disabling measures are not going to help much. And smashed/removed cameras can be replaced.