Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you're actually talking, then no, the green arrows would not be green (or even gray) if you're on the phone app.

However, if you've initiated a connection that hasn't been disconnected, then the arrows might be green or gray even though you're on the phone app.
  2. HED
    Battery drain is 2% per hour with zero use of Treo, no open web programs, and GPS turned to 911 only. In other words, phone is on (but no calls actually made), web not being accessed, no other programs being used.

In 24 hours, battery life would be down by around 50%.

What is the battery power level at which unit shuts down?
  3.    #23  
    I am pretty sure the Verizon Treo does do some sort of data access when the data connected on its own. Try this- just sit and watch the arrows on the phone app (but not on the phone). keep the screen on for a max of 5 minutes. If your arrows stay grey continously, then my phone is behaving differently.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    I too was getting pretty frustrated by this, but now notice that my network connection does in fact close after i perform a wireless sync. The only thing different that has changed, is that I noticed a patch/upgrade that was downloaded during a wireless sync....it was titled wsup5529....i installed this but I'm not sure if it cured the problem. Seems like now that the network connection closes my battery life has improved considerably
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy
    Try this- just sit and watch the arrows on the phone app (but not on the phone). keep the screen on for a max of 5 minutes. If your arrows stay grey continously, then my phone is behaving differently.
    I use my Treo to tell time when I'm not wearing a watch and I have often seen the green arrows on. The only apps I'm using to access the net are Blazer and VZW Wireless Sync (POP3), when I'm actively using these apps the blinking green LED goes to solid amber during data transfers (and then back to blinking green) but the grey arrows turn green even when I'm not using these apps.

I'm curious if the arrows turn green intermittently for you folks out there who don't have an email client installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousPALM
    I use my Treo to tell time when I'm not wearing a watch and I have often seen the green arrows on. The only apps I'm using to access the net are Blazer and VZW Wireless Sync (POP3), when I'm actively using these apps the blinking green LED goes to solid amber during data transfers (and then back to blinking green) but the grey arrows turn green even when I'm not using these apps.

I'm curious if the arrows turn green intermittently for you folks out there who don't have an email client installed?
    yes the arrows will momentarily turn green(eg. data trasmit occurring) with no application activity on the handset, which is the reason for many folks complaining about battery drain with active network connections...the point i made above is that people are trying to figure out how to close this connection after a wireless sync....which appears (although i am not sure) to have been taken care of by this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlton191
    the point i made above is that people are trying to figure out how to close this connection after a wireless sync....which appears (although i am not sure) to have been taken care of by this patch.
    Actually, I wasn't responding to your post, I was affirming MobileGuy's observation in post #23 about the green arrows.

My VZW Treo appears to be closing its data connection about a couple seconds after data transfers. I haven't actively applied any patches, one could have been applied during wireless sync, I don't know.
  8.    #28  
    So after installing the patch you have never seen the green arrows come on unless an application is specifically calling for data, correct? If true and you think the patch made the difference, I wonder if one can get the patch without using the wireless sync, which I have not installed since I use other email software.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12