1.    #1  
    Been lurking for a month but thought I'd post since I may have something good to say.

First, here's my experience with VZW. On a third call I got a CSR who knew her stuff. and received the Treo 2nd Biz day. I'm right at 1 year with VZW (switched from AT&T when they went to GSM and it didn't work for crap) but I got "approved" for an early upgrade. So I got $100 off the Treo, for a total of $350 (new 2 year agreement). I don't know what goes into an early upgrade, but my wife and I have two phones, no late payments, and pay >$120/mo for them. I signed up for the unlimited data (my firm uses GoodLink and will also reimburse me for that part of the plan so the $45/mo was not a bid deal to me). I've been playing with the Treo and love it! I have not loaded anything besides the GoodLink. Figured I'd wait to see how stable it is first.

I'd be interested in hearing from others running GoodLink. I looked around the boards but didn't find anything. I had it loaded earlier today and it is working just fine. A friend recommended immediately backing it up to the SD card just in case. Also, I can tell that it's going to be a big drain on the battery (I knew this going in so I won't be surprised).

My only current complaint is the lack of ability to set profiles. For example, when it's at my desk, I like it to be silent. But when I leave to go to a meeting (or whatever) I like to flip it to vibrate. Instead of having a simple switch or easy profile change, I have to go to preferences and change it.

Anyone have other comments/recommendations for using with GoodLink? Also, I've ordered an extra charger as well as a car charger to overcompensate for the drain on the battery. Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by markca
    My only current complaint is the lack of ability to set profiles. For example, when it's at my desk, I like it to be silent. But when I leave to go to a meeting (or whatever) I like to flip it to vibrate. Instead of having a simple switch or easy profile change, I have to go to preferences and change it.
    Intead of changing the Preferences in Goodlink, you can hit the Menu key from the Goodlink Home screen to quickly choose silent or vibrate profiles.

From the Goodlink users guide:

You can use the Home Options menu to turn all notifications on/
    off or make them silent. Replace Tone w/ Vibrate makes your tune
    notifications vibrate instead. No Tone or Vibrate shuts down all
    notifications (tune, vibrate, and on-screen).
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by goodpda
    Intead of changing the Preferences in Goodlink, you can hit the Menu key from the Goodlink Home screen to quickly choose silent or vibrate profiles.

From the Goodlink users guide:

You can use the Home Options menu to turn all notifications on/
    off or make them silent. Replace Tone w/ Vibrate makes your tune
    notifications vibrate instead. No Tone or Vibrate shuts down all
    notifications (tune, vibrate, and on-screen).
    Thanks for the info, Goodpa. I had just figured this one out. This ability sure helps. I also set a Preferences link on the first page of my Favorites, so it's at least a little quicker to change.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but I just use the switch on top of the Treo. Seems to put both the phone and GoodLink into vibrate mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinb8088
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but I just use the switch on top of the Treo. Seems to put both the phone and GoodLink into vibrate mode.
    The "No Tone or Vibrate" Menu option gives you a quick way to disable all GoodLink notifications quickly on the Treo 600. Many people probably don't want their Treos vibrating every time they receive an email message if they have Outlook open right in front of them at their desk.