1.    #1  
    Just some random thoughts... I have both Treos currently.

I should add that I live in a part of New York not served well by AT&T, which is why I am making the switch.

First off, the two units are physically different, though in subtle ways. The Treo 600 for Verizon adds an ear bump to find your ear. The Verizon screen appears brighter and bluer (perhaps I can adjust this somehow).

It seems the CDMA features make for a nicer all around phone... It tells me when it loses signal or drops a call, where the AT&T phone just goes to the dial pad without making an alarm of any kind. I've tried to find options to add that on the AT&T phone with no luck.

Did I just get an earlier Treo 600 for the AT&T service? When people get a new one, is it more like my Verizon phone?
    The ear bump has been on Sprint phones since the beginning, and not any GSM models. I have heard this is because of added radiation in the CDMA models, and physically moving your head from the source of the radiation allowed them to pass their requirements in this area.
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR
    The ear bump has been on Sprint phones since the beginning, and not any GSM models. I have heard this is because of added radiation in the CDMA models, and physically moving your head from the source of the radiation allowed them to pass their requirements in this area.

I highly doubt that, as any distance that this bump adds between the phone and your head is negligible, if not nonexistant.
    Some would say so is the radiation that the phone emits.

edit: Still, it may just be a rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    I highly doubt that, as any distance that this bump adds between the phone and your head is negligible, if not nonexistant.
    Agreed.