1.    #1  
    God, after switching from nextel to verizon.. I went from my i90c to the treo 600.. now i know the treo is going to use more battery than the i90, but jesus.. I start my day around 5:00 AM with a fully charged treo and it doesn't make it to 5:00 pm.

I'm not using the data THAT much, not using the phone THAT much, I use the phone off and on during the day, use the organizer, etc...

I know that it does some data syncs occasionally but not every 5 minutes or anything.

I hate that you can't have spare batterys on hand, with the battery being totally internal.

What is everyone elses experience on battery life?
    Had The same problem. You need to set all your Apps to automatically disconnect from data services otherwise it stays on and kills your battery. I changed snappermail to do this and it solved the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by interclubs
    Had The same problem. You need to set all your Apps to automatically disconnect from data services otherwise it stays on and kills your battery. I changed snappermail to do this and it solved the problem.
    And is that in each app or is there some global setting somewhere?
    Also, set your Phone Preferences to turn off the GPS locator and choose "911 Only". Once I made this change, battery life seems to have increased dramatically.
    I am having the same battery issues. I had the GSM version before the VZ and had days of battery life with mail being checked every 10 minutes. I have trouble getting through the day on the VZ version.
    Have you downloaded TreoGuard? It's a cheap third-party app that you can customize to turn off your screen while you're on a call. I've found it useful in extending my batterly life, since it's really a waste to keep the screen powered up when all it's doing is rest against your cheek!
  7. HED
    Quote Originally Posted by fazworld
    Also, set your Phone Preferences to turn off the GPS locator and choose "911 Only". Once I made this change, battery life seems to have increased dramatically.
    Any idea as to how much difference leaving GPS on makes in terms of battery life?
    I have no idea. But I'm curious: in general, why would you like your phone to always be broadcasting your location?
    Ditto about the battery use. With limited use during the day I get down to about 25% battery capacity by the time I get home.

Adding my .2 cents... I fear that my inner office cube might be causing the antenna to work extra hard to get a decent signal.

About TreoGuard... With the screen off is the touchscreen also disabled?
    Meaning I currently have the touchscreen disabled because I was cutting off calls left and right when I had the phone up against my ear. So I disabled the touchscreen when on a call. If TreoGuard also disable the touchscreen than how do you get it back on when you need to hang-up?

Thanks

3 more days in my VZN trial period. Still on the fence...
    whomever can provide more tips on battery life - it would be appreciated!!!
    I love the phone but that's the only thing annoying me right now

I did the 911 tip.... lets see how that plays out
    will the voice privacy thing really help? actually, i prob., couldn't care less if someone patches in to my call so I think I'll try it out
    is the disconencting applications just the data stream disconnection (if I use goodlink/outlook)? please explain this one

thanks